Minor League Football/ USFL 2015

Beluga4

I don't disagree with you re: european pyramid style, organic growth, realistic business plans, etc... I just don't see the fan support present for the semi-pro teams to succeed. Unless the realistic business model provides for a way to grow without fan support - in that case, I'd love to hear it.

No, keep in mind, I said it's the only way it could work. I never said it actually would. :D

Ahem:

Here's how there can be a 'minor league' professional football system in America. In fact, it's the only way it would work - set up an organization similar in structure to English soccer, allowing anyone and everyone who wants to organize a team the opportunity to do so, spending as much or as little as they want on players, and over the period of a few years establishing a multi-tier pyramid structure based on performance.

I know what you meant, though. B)

I said it was the only way it would work. I didn't say it would work. :D

nav-logo.png

Here's how there can be a 'minor league' professional football system in America. In fact, it's the only way it would work - set up an organization similar in structure to English soccer, allowing anyone and everyone who wants to organize a team the opportunity to do so, spending as much or as little as they want on players, and over the period of a few years establishing a multi-tier pyramid structure based on performance.

I know what you meant, though. B)

I said it was the only way it would work. I didn't say it would work. :D

Which is why I said I know what you meant. Thread about minor league football = semanticsjacked! :upside:

Back on topic - I don't see ANYONE buying this A11FL thing. The A11 was (despite being pretty genius) about the gimmickiest thing ever invented, had its few years in the sun, having an entire football league based around one offensive scheme just doesn't seem like a good idea. Especially because I'm betting the casual football fan (and even more hardcore fans) didn't/don't know it even existed.

A startup football league where the average sports fan wouldn't even know the rules? BRILLIANT! At least the average person could pick up Arena football quickly ("Oh, they can catch the ball off the nets, cool!")

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived