Houston Rockets *Update 1/19: New Secondary, Tweaked Unis

BlackBolt3

Great update in my opinion. The current Rockets look is just not enough for me. I definitely like that they're going back.

How long until we see a rebrand of the cartoonish Rocket logo/scheme? Those were the days!

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

B to the Izzump. What should I do next?

First, let me say that i am a die hard Rockets fan that's born, raised and still living in Houston. I do like your concepts for the most part, but several things just aren't hitting for me.

1st. The overuse of gold. Rockets fans were begging for our original colors to return and when we finally got the alternates, there was mixed reviews. Some were just happy to have the red and gold scheme return, others were annoyed because gold should only be used minimally as outlines, etc. Tone down the gold, except:

2. I really don't like when teams use the same jersey and just have different colors for the alternate. I think it's an opportunity to use a different cut, and different look altogether. This is where you can have the alternate use more gold like our uniforms in the early 70's. Red with a large gold stripe on the side which can be extended on the jersey for a more modern look. Could also possibly make a red or blue alternate based on a modern take of the late 90's jerseys. Could be a city pride jersey with Clutch City, Space City, or H-Town on the front.

3. The alternate "HR" logo was a great concept to start with. I LOVED the idea of the shuttle carrying the rocket, or is it the other way around? The new update is too basic and dull IMHO. Look at photos of a Rocket lifting off and i'm sure you'll get ideas on how to use the H as the Rocket and the R as the shuttle..or is it the other way around?

4. Primary logo is great, though i am just so used to our original that i would like to see what ROCKETS would look like filled in black like the original or at least outlined in black. I feel it helps it pop more even if we don't use black in our color scheme.

I do love the court though except for the yellow stripes on the sides and two tone parquet. A full dark wood with gold lines would look sweet imo.

Forgot to mention that i'm not a fan of the v-neck with retro looking sets.

Archived