Houston Rockets *Update 1/19: New Secondary, Tweaked Unis

BlackBolt3

Use the modern "Houston" and lose the block serifed "Houston", and then use the modern H on the logo on the lower right.

This is pretty good. The only logo that really could be improved is the upper left. If you could make the two letters have a more rocket-y shape, that'd be awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The rounded keyline on the HR logo in the upper left just doesn't look right. It needs sharp points like the letters themselves. I think that would go a long way in improving that logo. Everything else looks pretty good, though. Nice work.

This is better than what they have, which the just fooled around with. The current is alright from a distance, but closely it's a mess. I like this. The yellow is nice, and it takes the energetic nba out of the silly nba.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to the bad guy but i'll just be honest.
I like the fact you went retro and brought back the Red and Gold scheme.
I like it.

But these jerseys are tooooooooo BUSY!

Its kind of an eye sore.

But what really made my eyes bleed was the court.

I'm sorry, but the fact that it had no color plus it was two-toned was a bad look in my opinion.

I like it.

Its kind of an eye sore.

I'm sorry, but the fact that it had no color plus it was two-toned was a bad look in my opinion.

i don't think you know what busy means, that is a very simple look, just need to clean up the logo a little and a very small black outline to keep the yellow and white from bleeding into each other so much, otherwise it will be perfect.

The rocket logo on the back of the neck, from a distance, looks like something else, especially on the home and alt jerseys. Just sayin'. EDIT: Shadojoker mentioned it.

Also, the secondary logos on the court need to face the same direction - up.

Wow, just overnight, this thread got chewed out, praised, and Patched. Okay, on the whole alternate logo thing, I tried to blend the 90's logo into it, and that's what resulted of it. But, I guess I'll try again.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I like it.

Its kind of an eye sore.

i don't think you know what busy means, that is a very simple look, just need to clean up the logo a little and a very small black outline to keep the yellow and white from bleeding into each other so much, otherwise it will be perfect.

I'm going to agree with this. There's nothing too busy about this. It's a nice blend of simple without being bland.

1. The HR logo is pretty weak. The concept is there, but the execution is lacking. Simplify it and make it more like a rocket. maybe start with a rocket and work the HR into that, instead of taking an HR and molding them into a rocket. Cut down on the flames at the bottom. That logo is pulling the rest of the set down.

2. The uniforms are well designed and are simple yet interesting. It might work better to go more angled with the side stripes instead of curved, just since the wordmark is angled with sharp edges. That might not work, but I think it's worth a shot. At first glance (at least to me), the curves clash with the wordmark.

3. I'm not a fan of stained courts, but that's pretty well done. Maybe reduce the contrast slightly. That logo looks good at center court. Again, the HR is bringing it down. Maybe also put the Houston mark in one of the baselines.

4. I like the old school serifed font for the NOB. It does kind of clash, but it's a nice homage to the past, and adds an interesting quirk. Nice work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe make the wasteband on the away unis white, as a further homage to the 80s/90s set.

The number font's a little weird. The 2 and the 3 don't look like they belong in the same font. On the white and yellow jerseys, the front number looks like it's at a different angle than the wordmark.

The court isn't as problematic as KJTT put it. I was a Rockets fan as a kid and its fine as is! The unis aren't busy, the alt might stand a bit of toning down but even if you leave it, its fine. Good job on the HR logo update, it tied the HR together well.

Archived