Tobacco use in sports

nash61

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard people say they try sunflower seeds and gum to help them quit, I tried to substitute it with sunflower seeds a while back and that didn't work. I suppose I could just buy a bunch of gum to chew all the time but it's going take more of a mental "want" to quit more than anything and I honestly haven't had that. I'm not trying to make people feel sorry for me or anything like that, I know what I started and I know it's my own fault but it was something I didn't think I'd get addicted to which was very stupid of me to think.

Maybe try nicotine patches to help with the urge, and gum to help with the physical habit of having things in your mouth (that didn't sound right). Or maybe Nicorette gum. I mentioned that my dad smoked for 30 years. He quit when he got cancer (completely unrelated to the smoking). He knew he was going to be in the hospital for like a week without smoking, so he just quit cold turkey. He had tried nicotine patches when he first checked in (he was in the hospital for a few days before surgery), but they didn't work for him. Still, lots of people have had success using them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived