Miami Heat jersey tweaks

These are some cool ideas, and it's great to see people putting their visions onto the screen, but there are some issues with execution. I'll start with some positives though, because this is a good start!

• I really like the red, white, and orange stripe detail.
  • The shorts are cool across the board.
  • The addition of yellow to the set is an interesting idea (I'll get back to this later- you're almost there, you just need to tweak the color).

However- Some things do need a bit of revision.

• The wordmark and the numbers should be the same color.
  • The Pulp Fiction-looking number font doesn't really fit in with the look at all. I'd choose something sleek- not so blocky.
  • An alternate should have more differences than simply recolored numbers- try to go a bit outside the box, this is the concept forum- you're free!
  • That said, that color yellow, while an interesting choice, isn't a part of the Heat identity anywhere. I'd suggest perhaps the orange color from the stripes instead.
  • If you do choose to keep a bright color like that, I'd caution against using it on the white uniforms. Contrast is your friend- try it on the black, or even try to feature it in an alternate!
  • There's too much space between HE and AT. Perhaps tilt the top of the A back a bit to fill that gap.

I think once you sort out your color palette, pick out some fonts that compliment each other, and get a bit more creative with the alternate, you'll have a great concept. I'll keep an eye on this topic, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Sorry, double post. Full comments below! (BTW I forgot to mention: I tweaked both the team wordmark and the numbers on the white home jersey, as well as the name-on-back, to match the style on the black away and red alternate jerseys.)

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know how to undo the quotes, so I replied in bold after each comment. I'm not trying to "SHOUT" by writing in CAPS and bold, but just to make my answers stand out. Sorry about that!

These are some cool ideas, and it's great to see people putting their visions onto the screen, but there are some issues with execution. I'll start with some positives though, because this is a good start!

• I really like the red, white, and orange stripe detail. (THANKS, BUT THAT WAS ALREADY ON THE ORIGINAL JERSEYS.)
  • The shorts are cool across the board. (NO CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE SHORTS.)
  • The addition of yellow to the set is an interesting idea (I'll get back to this later- you're almost there, you just need to tweak the color). (THANKS. I WAS INSPIRED BY WHAT THE HEAT DID ON THEIR RING NIGHT.)

lebron-james-gold-jersey-12.jpg

However- Some things do need a bit of revision.

• The wordmark and the numbers should be the same color. (IDEALLY, YES, BUT THE WORDMARK AND THE NUMBER DON'T ALWAYS MATCH, AND I'VE GOTTEN USED TO IT--EVEN THOUGH IT USED TO DRIVE ME CRAZY.)
    012314_fsf_nba_heat_lebron_james_blackth130413110806-kobe-bryant-injury-future-s
  • The Pulp Fiction-looking number font doesn't really fit in with the look at all. I'd choose something sleek- not so blocky. (ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE DROP SHADOWS? AGAIN, THAT'S ANOTHER FEATURE THAT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL JERSEY. SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT, SOME PEOPLE DON'T, BUT IT'S AUTHENTIC AND PART OF THEIR HERITAGE.)
  • An alternate should have more differences than simply recolored numbers- try to go a bit outside the box, this is the concept forum- you're free! (THESE ARE JUST MINOR TWEAKS. I LIKE THE JERSEYS THE WAY THEY ARE AND SIMPLY WANTED TO TINKER WITH THE COLORS. I'M NOT VERY CREATIVE, BUT THE CLASSIC LOOKS ARE SIMPLE AND ELEGANT IN THEIR OWN WAYS.)
  • That said, that color yellow, while an interesting choice, isn't a part of the Heat identity anywhere. I'd suggest perhaps the orange color from the stripes instead. (I THINK THERE'S A LITTLE BIT OF YELLOW ON THE LOGO: ON THE BALL AND PART OF THE FLAME, WHICH IS WHY IT'S LISTED AS PART OF THEIR PRIMARY COLORS. ORANGE IS AN INTERESTING IDEA. MAYBE I'LL TRY THAT NEXT TIME.)
    MiamiHeat_FRC_1999_SCC_SRGB.png
  • If you do choose to keep a bright color like that, I'd caution against using it on the white uniforms. Contrast is your friend- try it on the black, or even try to feature it in an alternate! (I THINK MIAMI IS A PARTY CITY, WHICH IS WHY THEY WEAR PARTY COLORS LIKE MAGENTA AND ORANGE. OR AT LEAST THE ABA MIAMI FLORIDIANS DID.)

lebron-james-pink-jersey.jpg

• There's too much space between HE and AT. Perhaps tilt the top of the A back a bit to fill that gap. (THAT'S ANOTHER ELEMENT FROM THE ORIGINAL JERSEY THAT I'VE LEFT ALONE. BUT I DID TAKE THE PICTURE FROM CREAMER'S ARCHIVE, SO MAYBE THEY'RE ORIGINALLY A LITTLE CLOSER TOGETHER.)

I think once you sort out your color palette, pick out some fonts that compliment each other, and get a bit more creative with the alternate, you'll have a great concept. I'll keep an eye on this topic, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do!

Thanks for your time and thoughtful comments/input! Even these small tweaks took me a long time because I'm not good at Photoshop and all I did was play with the colors! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived