Fixing the Elite Ice Hockey League (Great Britain) *Nottingham Panthers and Fauxbacks!*

1clkgtramg

Rumours are, there might be a couple more teams in this league maybe next season, one of which is most certainly London.

So you're going to have to get your thinking cap on again.

Dublin were supposed to be starting afew years ago but never got off the ground.

Every regular travelling supporter in the league can't wait for the Dublin/Belfast weekenders!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess I'll just post Nottingham Panthers since I'm out of ideas at the moment for London. I originally had this on a Rangers style template. I wanted to go with plenty of stripes but it just looked to copy-and-paste-like. I decided to just go with 2 different templates for Home and Away. For the logo, there were just too many Panthers teams that it was hard for an amateur like me to come up with something original. Going with the stripes, the looks is very retro inspired so it made a lot of sense to use the teams Script Logo as the main - I was also thinking of a Panther Paw as a shoulder patch, but it seemed too cheesy.. oh well here it is.

12995904295_45727a587e_z.jpg
12996121514_eb57566d41.jpg
12995848133_b2c331f231_z.jpg
12995717535_5b0d4a0ca7_z.jpg

and here is the first of a few Fauxback/Throwback/Outdoor Game jerseys

This would be played at The City Ground in Nottingham, home of the Nottingham Forest Football Club.

I went with an all original 1930's look for Nottingham and a heavily inspired 1980's NJ Devils look with black as well for Cardiff.

12995904425_e2bec04af8_z.jpg
12996126633_5bc7cdfa06_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

you should keep braehead as the clan and the colour scheme purple/black/white but the logo definatly needs re-done as it's horrible,

I wanted to get away from the Braehead name since its only named after the Mall. The league needs to look more professional, thus I used Glasgow instead. Glasgow Clan doesnt really flow and the name never really suited the sport. Plus, what should the logo look like? I honestly can't think of a good logo for that name. Also, I was leaning towards London being Purple, Black, Silver and White like the old LA Kings jerseys and I didn't want 2 Purple teams especially being in the largest city of their respective Countries.

Thanks for making the effort to find my thread though.

you should keep braehead as the clan and the colour scheme purple/black/white but the logo definatly needs re-done as it's horrible,

I wanted to get away from the Braehead name since its only named after the Mall. The league needs to look more professional, thus I used Glasgow instead. Glasgow Clan doesnt really flow and the name never really suited the sport. Plus, what should the logo look like? I honestly can't think of a good logo for that name. Also, I was leaning towards London being Purple, Black, Silver and White like the old LA Kings jerseys and I didn't want 2 Purple teams especially being in the largest city of their respective Countries.

Thanks for making the effort to find my thread though.

no problem, i think braehead would need to stay the name though as the club are based in the mall so unlikely to move, i guess there must be some deal in place. If it were glasgow though i would of went for glasgow titans, as there is a big ship building crane in glasgow called the titan.

For the clan, i don't know, maybe a scottish warrior - braveheart style with either a sword or a hockey stick or both something like NJIT highlanders, but then maybe that's too close to the giants? All scottish clans have that belt buckle circle thing round them, maybe incorperate that into the logo?

Archived