Hot Shots Roller Hockey Concept

drakexedge

So a friend of mine asked me if I could help him out by designing a new jersey for his roller hockey team. Although I'm not a big hockey guy, I figured I'd give it a crack. I had complete creative freedom, and the only stipulations were that they didn't want anything traditional looking, and they wanted a pattern of some sort and suggested argyle.

mock-1b_zps9eafa4cb.png

Details:

- I used Oregons font because I liked the futuristic vibe it put off on the jersey. Much thanks to Conrad for posting it, and all the awesome work he's done!
- The logo was previously made. I basically traced it out, and recolored it to fit the palette I went with for the jersey.
- Sublimated the argyle pattern on the main panel on the front and back.

This also happens to be my first official concept to be posted to these boards. C&C is certainly welcome.

Last but not least, I am planning on doing a complete NFL redesign series soon, so stay posted for that!

Ahhh, roller hockey. That takes me back...

I would wear this jersey in a heartbeat. Love the colorway and the fact that it isn't as garish as a lot of roller hockey jerseys used to be.

The back nameplate is throwing me a bit. It's tough to read. Maybe a darker stroke on the letters would make it stand out more?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Only problem I have is that you have many circular/rounded forms of striping yet such a square font.

I see what you're saying there, but I sort of like the contrast personally. Also, the number font I chose has rounded edges which play into the striping more so than your general athletic font would.

Archived