Wolves hockey jerseys and logos. Just looking for any feedback.

deked73

I noticed the new logo that the Saint Louis Blues the now parent club of my beloved Chicago Wolves is getting for next year. Also, the circular logo for the St. Patrick's day jerseys and new alternate jersey the Wolves gave me an idea to create a new circular for a St. Louis inspired look. Only for a brief time did the Wolves have a patch to show their affiliation with a NHL team and that was with the Thrashers on the alternate black jerseys they had years ago. So why not make a jersey and logo or emblem that pays homage to the NHL parent club but is truly Chicago. I do have plans on sending this to the Wolves all the designs. First the the circular logo designs: I used just the Wolves head (but not the stick and puck) which I traced in Inkscape. The Chicago skyline i drew It has numerous things that are part of Chicago. I couldn't think of one for it like the Arch on St. Louis other than "the Bean", so I have the Sears Tower, John Hancock, Navy Pier, the Chicago Water Tower, the Thompson Center, the Harold Washington library, 900 N. Michigan building by the Hancock and a building that is just South of the Sears Tower.

wolvesroundelconcepts1.png?t=1396035547

Numbers 4, 9 and 10 use font styles the Wolves have used with 9 and 10 using the actual wordmark. Numbers 1,2,3,6,7,8 and 10 all use numbers the Wolves have used in the for jerseys.I did make a St. Patrick's day one the numbers on there I am pretty sure were used by the team for a St. patty's day jersey. about 10 years ago. Critiques greatly welcomed always. I do want to send this to the team soon. Maybe not for next season but maybe the near future. Thank you for your time.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

A definite upgrade for sure. #4 is my favorite. Not only is it the most legible, but it makes the skyline more subtle, which make the entire design less cluttered. It'd also look just as good on a dark sweater as it would a white one.

I like the idea behind this but the Wolves logo pasted on top of the detailed Chicago skyline along with the text makes it a bit busy and overwhelming to look at. It's just too much in one logo. Try making the antennas black, or remove them. Very hard to see unless zoomed in.

24orncx.jpg

Okay, I got 5 jerseys and socks done.

chicagowolvesconceptjerseys2.png?t=13963chicagowolvesconceptjerseys.png?t=139639

The jerseys I took ideas from the Saint Louis Blues very first white jersey for the 1st and the 5th ones. The 2nd and 3rd ones were inspired by Blues jerseys Gretzky era and the design before the edge jerseys.. The last was a completely new design. the 1at and the 5th use St. Louis' font for the numbers and Varsity classic serif for the player's name. The other 3 were varsity A for the number and the player name. All use St. Louis' Capt. letters for the jerseys. I created a wordmark maybe for a t-shirt and a simple paw design for the shoulders.

chicagowolvesconceptwordmark.png?t=13963

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived