Would you be in favour of banning Thunderstix?

habsfannova

Should ThunderStix be banned?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since many of you know what business I'm in,I figured I'd let you have a little fun before i weighed in.By my count,banning Thunderstix has 17 votes out of 159 views:it doesn't seem like very many people care about this topic one way or another.Nothing I've seen in this poll has me making plans for bankruptcy proceedings.I haven't sold any shipments to politicians,so you can't blame me for any of the proceedings following the Canadian elections.Where are we talking about banning Thunderstix from? The NFL already bans all noisemakers from their games,and they are effectively banned from indoor sports on the high school and college level(at least in the US).The SEC,in my section of the country,also bans noisemakers from conference football games,not because of Thunderstix,but because one school(Mississippi State)used cowbells heavily in their fan sections-a much louder noisemaker.Do the initiators of this topic want to ban cowbells?So the primary users of Thunderstix are pro basketball,baseball,hockey and Arena Football teams, along with high school football and some college football conferences.Why do these sports entities purchase them?Their noisemaking capacity increases their home advantage.I have a customer in the USBL that had a 4-0 record on Thunderstix promo nights in 2004---- and a 1-25 record in all other games.The San Francisco Giant fan has good reason to dislike Thunderstix----in the 2002 World Series,the Anaheim fans used Thunderstix heavily----and they beat his Giants.As long as home teams whose crowds use Thunderstix keep winning at the incredible rate at which they win,it will take a lot more than 17 "playa-haters" to shut me down.In the meantime,I've given you a laundry list of which athletic events to go to and which to avoid.

1. I didn't know what business you are in.

2. Fine. I want them banned at hockey events.

3. I think they're horrible. I'm a purist, and I absolutly HATE them. I hat e the fake, plastic noise they make, the "fakeness" of the sound, the kid next to you hitting you with them. Thanks for making watching the Finals annoying and cheapening Arena sports. Really. Very appreciated. I hope they give you a medal.

So pking is in the Thunderstix business then. That makes him :evil: and he will get his comeuppance in a hell full of Thunderstix beating kids. 4 votes to save Them out of 159 views is hardly a ringing endorsement of them! Personally, if it were my team I would prefer a 1-29 record and no thunderstix, to a 5-25 record and thunderstix. Makes you wonder if the team sucked so much because they spent so much on thunderstix and not enough on players!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If they were shorter, they would work. But they get in the way, and are pretty much a one time deal. The Sharks refuse to use them, however their fellow tenants (and Arena Bowl Champion) San Jose SaberCats use them, but, how about hear 17,190 cowbells? Talk about not hearing! It was so bad that NBC demanded the team refuse to use them during the first playoff game vs. Tampa Bay. The team said yes, although fans, angry and upset brought signs to NBC to lick their bells.

Of course, the Cats on defense want to "HEAR MORE COWBELL!"

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't need a "ringing endorsement".I get that when teams and booster clubs buy from me,and when those teams win as a result(which they do at a rate in the high 80's,20% higher than the normal home advantage).If you don't like them,and you are entitled to your opinion,the place to register that opinion is with the sports teams you support.Also,since many of this boards posters are in the business of graphic arts and sports logos,you should know that my product is a pretty good revenue stream for your business.The people who do my logos and designs make a "mint" off of my company.90% of my shipments feature at least one logo----about 50% feature two logos.

Thunderstix are a fad. The winning percentage is higher now, but eventually the fad will get tired, players will get used to playing in loud buildings, and they'll disappear.

As a sports fan, I don't like them either.

We had them at a Blue Bomber game once. They were alright for the first quarter, and generally abandoned by the second quarter. Why? Because the fans themselves hate them. They're bulky, they get in the way, and they hamper the enjoyment of the game.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't need a "ringing endorsement".I get that when teams and booster clubs buy from me,and when those teams win as a result(which they do at a rate in the high 80's,20% higher than the normal home advantage).If you don't like them,and you are entitled to your opinion,the place to register that opinion is with the sports teams you support.Also,since many of this boards posters are in the business of graphic arts and sports logos,you should know that my product is a pretty good revenue stream for your business.The people who do my logos and designs make a "mint" off of my company.90% of my shipments feature at least one logo----about 50% feature two logos.

So....because a team wins more, it makes it OK? What if they had "BATTERY DAY" and gave everyone a 4 pack of AA's to throw when the opposing team went on the field? Would that be OK? How about Pepper Spray the Dugoout day?

And the fact they have sponsers on them sickens me more.....

Also, one thing: You mentioned view levels earlier. Keep in mind that they are the are not necessarily individiual viewers. It's just the number of times it has been viewed.

Archived