Lebron James logo concept

JGCleveland

I realize there isn't really a practical use for this, seeing as I doubt there's going to be a team named after Lebron James and a portrait isn't exactly ideal for a shoe logo, but I needed something to practice with. I'm still getting used to creating logos from scratch, so I've used a lot of frazdav's tutorials on Youtube to help me. I came up with this logo based on Lebron James and thought it came out okay. I was hoping I could get some creative feedback on how to improve this to make it look even better. Thanks!

lbj_zps791734d2.png

The first thing I noticed is no lips. After looking at this for a couple of minutes it made me think of an updated "Pro Stars" cartoon. If you're too young to remember that was the cartoon back in the day with Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky and Bo Jackson. Why not an update to that show with today's sports stars. I would watch. Anyway, good work on the illustration. I would clean up the funky shadows at the bottom of his neck and maybe add some lips and forehead wrinkles. Keep up the good work.

Archived