St. Louis Blues Jersey Concepts

DatsyukianDekes6

I feel like for an original expansion team, the Blues current jerseys are too crazy and wacky with the weird yokes and odd piping. I like their current colors, so I reworked them into a more traditional striping pattern based off of their late '80s/early '90s uniforms and current socks now. With this set the Blues would retain their alternate jersey.

Home:

http://s965.photobucket.com/user/benmshultz/media/STLHome_zps56420429.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Away:

http://s965.photobucket.com/user/benmshultz/media/STLAway_zps242ecfed.png.html?sort=3&o=1

The away jerseys are okay, I suppose, but I have some problems with the home. There is an overabundance of blue (navy, more specifically). I like how on the away uniforms the stripes, logos, and numbers are all consistent in their coloring (royal/yellow/navy). I see that you did that on the home jerseys with the logos and stripes but the yellow numbers just seem out of place but it's not really your fault as navy numbers would look out of place too.

I think the Blues really should just drop the navy and go with a lighter blue, yellow, and white color scheme, similar to what they wore in '79-'84 - those jerseys were just about perfect.

Your concepts aren't bad and I wouldn't be completely disappointed if they hit the ice next year. I just don't like how the Blues currently use two different colorations of the same logo and that problem presents itself if your concepts as well.

hmm, I feel that using this template, it takes away the uniqueness of the current one - although I believe Nashville started using that template as well.

Maybe use the 95-03 striping, similar to the one used for the Alternate.

Archived