Photoshop vs. Illustrator

DawgPacPBH

...but they work almost the exact same way. Illustrator is much more powerful when it comes to vector graphics, so I'd suggest that if you're at all serious about your work, and you have Illustrator already, you use it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Although you can export paths from Photoshop into Illustrator, or even save the paths into an EP file, the results are never the same as creating the design only in Illustrator. I use both programs (depending on what I am designing) and find the pen tool in Illustator is much more powerful, and gives you more control for each point. I am updating the TFAQ and I have a new link with some great pen tutorials, but I don't have it with me right now (its at the office). I will add another reply to this thread once I get back to the office.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

okay guys thanks, the illustrator pen tool only throws me off because i cant figure out how to actually make a nice curve between two points without having to make another curve on the next point that i dont want, in PS, you can just add a new point between two others and grab and pull it and it makes a curve between the oringinal two.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

okay guys thanks, the illustrator pen tool only throws me off because i cant figure out how to actually make a nice curve between two points without having to make another curve on the next point that i dont want, in PS, you can just add a new point between two others and grab and pull it and it makes a curve between the oringinal two.

As far as I know, anything you can do with Photoshop's pen tool, you can do with Illustrator's pen tool. I'd highly recommend finding a pen tool tutorial... helped me get off the ground. Understanding the pen tool is the hardest part of Illustrator... after that, everything tends to fall into place relatively easily.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know what bothers you... when making a curve and wanting to make next point without curve you have to click back at the last point (and now I'm not sure if you have to click only or click and hold shift or control, i do it automaticly) and then it won't make you a curve. When I was learning I found so many things just by clicking shift or appla or control for more effects, more solutions...

Archived