US Cellular Arena (The MECCA) is now UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena

illwauk

10509668_10154334006425096_7079332517523

You'd think I'd be happy about this... and I am, to the extent that it'll increase visibility for the program in the community where we currently enjoy third-class status behind the Bucks and Marquette.

That said, you want to be known as the Milwaukee Panthers, yet you play at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, your web address is uwmpanthers.com, and your twitter handle is @mkepanthers?

I swear, if the UWM athletic department were a person, it'd be a heroin addict who couldn't even find his own genetalia.

Panther Arena, UWM Arena, Milwaukee Arena (goodness forbid they revert the building back to its original name)... even something like UWM Panther Dome would've been better than that mouthful of a name they chose.

Getting harder and harder to continue to follow the program when they keep finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot even when they do something right.

You know, I once went to a WCW house show at something called the Milwaukee Auditorium instead of their usual MECCA stop, but I can't find any pictures of it. I guess it was torn down and rebuilt. It was an interesting venue, I remember that much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived