Carolina Firebird FC (Redux) UPDATE #2

BlackBolt3

ORIGINAL: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/87818-triad-firebird-fc-mls/

After rediscovering this a couple months ago, I wanted to use this as a measuring stick for how far I've come on these boards. So...
CarolinaFirebirdPre-4.png

Changed colors for a more "fiery" feel, and really emphasized chevrons. (Firebird font courtesy of Conrad.)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Much, much better than your original. I like it, but a couple things are bothering me. Mainly, it's the fact the your crest is angled downward, while the stripes on the shirts are pointed up, sort of against the grain. It would look better if you matched the angle of the stripes to the angle of the crest. Second, that shade of yellow/gold just looks... ugly to me. It's like it's in between an "athletic gold" and an "old gold." I personally would change it to a more true yellow. Also, the font for "Carolina" and "FC" is a little too thin and wouldn't be legible from a distance.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

ORIGINAL: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/87818-triad-firebird-fc-mls/

After rediscovering this a couple months ago, I wanted to use this as a measuring stick for how far I've come on these boards. So...

CarolinaFirebirdPre-3.png

Changed colors for a more "fiery" feel, and really emphasized chevrons. (Firebird font courtesy of Conrad.)

I don't like the chevron shape on the white football shirt. Germany has them on their white shirts and the angular shape conflicts with the natural shape of a footballer. Its just a matter of taste. I do like the gold kit.

I kinda like the shade you used. This is a definite upgrade from your original concept for sure, but I will have to agree, the font is a bit too narrow. I'd also agree that the chevrons need to face the other direction. You have improved tenfold and that's what I like seeing on the forums.

Archived