Interesting Reggie White Picture

csura999

Unpopular opinion: I have always felt that having just a G on your helmet or jersey when you're Green Bay makes about as much sense as having a solo N on your jersey, helmet, or hat if you're a Giant, Met, or Yankee. Same rule applies to S for San Diego or San Francisco or L for Los Angeles.

Ultimately I agree but you can argue one difference..."New", "San", and "Los" are the generic parts of those city names, while "Bay" is the generic part of Green Bay. So the G would be more like a Y for York, F for Francisco or, A for Angeles. Which is just about as bad anyway.

That reminds me of Magic Johnson era MSU jerseys saying "State".

How about a T for Tampa Bay then?

When I hear "State" and college basketball, I think of 1979 Michigan State too...along with 1983 North Carolina State.

Unpopular opinion: I have always felt that having just a G on your helmet or jersey when you're Green Bay makes about as much sense as having a solo N on your jersey, helmet, or hat if you're a Giant, Met, or Yankee. Same rule applies to S for San Diego or San Francisco or L for Los Angeles.

Ultimately I agree but you can argue one difference..."New", "San", and "Los" are the generic parts of those city names, while "Bay" is the generic part of Green Bay. So the G would be more like a Y for York, F for Francisco or, A for Angeles. Which is just about as bad anyway.

That reminds me of Magic Johnson era MSU jerseys saying "State".

And we all know, an LA team using just an "A" would be nuts....

los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim-fitted-hat

:P

Archived