.ai file storage

jeh-see

Hi guys,

I recently got a laptop for the first time and no longer wish to keep flash drives for fear of breaking them off sticking out of a USB port on the side. Is there a place online that is cheap or free that will allow you to store .ai files? I want the convenience of being able to retrieve my work without constantly plugging and unplugging a flash drive or killing my PC storage space moving everything onto my laptop hard drive. Thanks guys!

UniJ

I totally crapped the bed and put this in the concepts forum instead of the requests forum. sorry bout that. I def should've known better. @mgdmhl: Thank you, I will look into mediafire. Anyone else confirm mediafire or have other suggestions?

UniJ

I totally crapped the bed and put this in the concepts forum instead of the requests forum. sorry bout that. I def should've known better. @mgdmhl: Thank you, I will look into mediafire. Anyone else confirm mediafire or have other suggestions?

UniJ

Confirm. Mediafire is great. DeviantArt is also a good site.

FWIW, Scott and I used Google Drive (and the associated desktop/mobile apps) for collab on the NCFA Yearbooks. Allowed for insertion of linked files and automatic updating of them as we both worked on it -- it saved a TON of time. I have CS6, so I'm sure someone else out there without CC might find this bit useful at least :)

Don't know about .ai files, but for Inkscape .svg files, you *cannot* run Inkscape and open .svg files from Dropbox. If you want to use Dropbox for Inkscape, you have to have two copies of the file, one on your desktop and one on Dropbox. Every time you make changes to your .svg files, save it to the desktop, then drag it to Dropbox so you can have a copy of the file if ever your computer goes awry. But you have to do this every time to keep the files on Dropbox current.

rATMcmK.png

I personally dont use online storage or cloud storage just in case it gets hacked or something like that. But I would suggest getting an external hard drive so you can access your files if for some reason you cant access them on those suggested websites.

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

Archived