Danny Destroys Clemson (feat. OpenOffice 3.4.1 Drawing)

Danny the Sheeb

When I was about 8 or 9, I doodled up what I thought Clemson would look like if they embraced modernity (and BFBS).  Hopefully, that does not happen soon (and I think it's never going to happen).  But that didn't stop me from recreating those doodles (from memory, I couldn't find the original) using the rudimentary tools of OpenOffice 3.4.1 Drawing.  I have neither the programs or the knowledge of using them to create really polished stuff, so this is as good as I have.  I doubt you will enjoy, but neither did I.

horribleclemson.png

horribleclemson1.png

horribleclemson2.png

horribleclemson3.png

All uniform pieces can be mixed and matched.

EDIT:  Oh crud, I forgot purple pants.  BBL

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

So is this it.....?

How about you take some of the elements and try redoing it. It seems silly to just say hey look at this and that's the end of it.

This is the Concept section and I want to see what you can do with it now... now that would be a better topic then just hey look how bad I used to be.

5 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

So is this it.....?

How about you take some of the elements and try redoing it. It seems silly to just say hey look at this and that's the end of it.

This is the Concept section and I want to see what you can do with it now... now that would be a better topic then just hey look how bad I used to be.

Excellent points.  But that was kinda the whole point all along.  I just wanted to show what I had thought up.  But I think I will try a "remodel" that ditches black and plays to the set's strengths.  Thanks for the feedback.  Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Excellent points.  But that was kinda the whole point all along.  I just wanted to show what I had thought up.  But I think I will try a "remodel" that ditches black and plays to the set's strengths.  Thanks for the feedback.  Stay tuned.

If it's any advice, however vague, I've always thought Clemson (both football and other sports) was too orange-heavy and should utilize the purple more. My favorite combo for them in football is orange-purple-orange. 

Originally, I said "all uniform pieces can be mixed and matched".  I take that back.  I've thought about what this hypothetical Clemson team would wear for specific games.

Purple is the primary home uniform, with black and orange each popping up once.  Black jerseys can be only worn with black pants/helmets.  Orange is worn for all road games where the home team opts to wear white (looking at you, Georgia Tech).  Orange pants are still worn for big games, just never with the purple jersey.  So they probably end up wearing orange at home more than once, I just said that to make the point that it would be worn at least once for home games.  Other than that, there isn't really any rhyme or reason to pants choices.

Maybe I'll do a week-by-week combos update, based on their schedule this season.  Look out for that, as well as the revisions suggested by @llfhockey.

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

If it's any advice, however vague, I've always thought Clemson (both football and other sports) was too orange-heavy and should utilize the purple more. My favorite combo for them in football is orange-purple-orange. 

I like orange, but good point.  I do think that they should wear the purple more and also with the white pants (save the orange for big games).

IRL Clemson needs to flip-flop the pawprints/TV numbers and make the white pants stripes orange/purple/orange.  That's all they need to do.

57 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I like orange, but good point.  I do think that they should wear the purple more and also with the white pants (save the orange for big games).

IRL Clemson needs to flip-flop the pawprints/TV numbers and make the white pants stripes orange/purple/orange.  That's all they need to do.

I like orange too - in a vacuum I'd probably pick it over purple - but the two colors complement each other so well when there is balance, and I feel like Clemson IRL often lacks that balance. I get that orange is the school's primary color, but I think they have a tendency to almost ignore their secondary, which isn't right. 

I'm going to say this...don't be angry. To me, Clemson's IRL uniforms suck...and I mean they are TRASH. First, the sloppy tiger paw that looks nothing like a tiger paw looks bad on a orange heavy uni. Secondly, they underutilize the purple. You have one of the best effing color schemes in the world, USE PURPLE!! And when they use purple its too much. The one time per year they use it, it looks too busy. Thirdly, the uniforms are too busy in general. With a tiger paw thingy on each shoulder and large number on every sleve, it looks WAY too cluttered. Tone. It. Down. One or the other. 

People get caught up in how it is a classic. Yeah and its a ****ty classic! Just because it is old doesn't mean it is good!!! I remember watching the Tigers blow out Louisville and thinking "Man, this is a crummy uni matchup, between the shockweb chrome UofL look and the Clemson look this really is trash." 

If you can't tell, I think that Clemson might need new uniforms. 

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I'm going to say this...don't be angry. To me, Clemson's IRL uniforms suck...and I mean they are TRASH. First, the sloppy tiger paw that looks nothing like a tiger paw looks bad on a orange heavy uni. Secondly, they underutilize the purple. You have one of the best effing color schemes in the world, USE PURPLE!! And when they use purple its too much. The one time per year they use it, it looks too busy. Thirdly, the uniforms are too busy in general. With a tiger paw thingy on each shoulder and large number on every sleve, it looks WAY too cluttered. Tone. It. Down. One or the other. 

People get caught up in how it is a classic. Yeah and its a ****ty classic! Just because it is old doesn't mean it is good!!! I remember watching the Tigers blow out Louisville and thinking "Man, this is a crummy uni matchup, between the shockweb chrome UofL look and the Clemson look this really is trash." 

...Good point about the tiger paw. :P  Honestly, I like it, but my doodle had this stylized "C", so that's what I went with.  Also, it would have been impossible to draw it using OpenOffice.

How does having a paw on both shoulders and TV numbers make it "cluttered"?  I can think of a hundred more "cluttered" designs.  Not hating, just saying.

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Argument in a nutshell.

I get what you are asking Danny, yeah I think it is busy. Just look at their set, there seems to be a lot going on. I'm not saying they have the most cluttered uniforms, I'm saying that they are overhyped. I would actually like to see a purple Clemson helmet that involes a C like yours. 

Just now, Cardsblues02 said:

I get what you are asking Danny, yeah I think it is busy. Just look at their set, there seems to be a lot going on. I'm not saying they have the most cluttered uniforms, I'm saying that they are overhyped. I would actually like to see a purple Clemson helmet that involes a C like yours. 

The issue is, they don't really have a "C" anywhere in their logo suite...

Archived