UA - MLB Deal Delayed Until 2020

Bill0813

Don't team still design their own uniforms mostly with design firms and based on in house decisions? UA is just gonna manufacture the uniforms, not design them right? Why are we worried about them changing everything anymore than adding their logo on the chests?

And maybe I'm missing something here but while UA appeals to kids more than Majestic... how many kids are gonna suddenly become baseball fans just because of a UA logo on the uniform chests? It'll take a lot more than that to bring more kids to the sport. I'm not convinced that this is gonna change much as far as appealing to kids. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Don't team still design their own uniforms mostly with design firms and based on in house decisions? UA is just gonna manufacture the uniforms, not design them right? Why are we worried about them changing everything anymore than adding their logo on the chests?

And maybe I'm missing something here but while UA appeals to kids more than Majestic... how many kids are gonna suddenly become baseball fans just because of a UA logo on the uniform chests? It'll take a lot more than that to bring more kids to the sport. I'm not convinced that this is gonna change much as far as appealing to kids. 

It depends very much on the team and league. Some teams go to agencies they choose themselves, some utilize their league’s relationships with certain agencies, and some have their design work done by the league outfitter.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/17/2018 at 8:13 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Are there any credible rumors of any teams that were targeting 2019?

Lukas said (on the day the UA delay story broke) that one team is absolutely changing, but they are now weighing whether to do it in 2020 instead of 2019.  He said they have to decide soon because the deadline for 2019 is coming up.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived