Squirrels Softball

Brauny1280

Just put some last touches on the logo for my softball team's logo. The reason it is one color is because it is going to be on our shirts and we are limited to only one for cost reasons. C&C appreciated. Thanks.

Squirrels.png

It is based off of this image.

squirrel.jpg

KUHawks.png

Do I seem weird if I mention the enormous testicles? Relative to the rest of the squirrel.

Either they're right in the middle of the logo, or something, but they attract the eye.

It kinda looks like he's angry that we're looking at his balls.

It's very well done, and for a social team, I like it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Harvesting your nuts for Winter-lol :P

Nice concept - simple. Why Green?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Why Green?

The "manager" had a grey shirt with red from a previous team that he really liked and we both agreed that a red squirrel would look odd, we decided on a green one. Also around here (Lawrence, KS) not a lot of teams use green in their logos/shirts. It is usually crimson and blue.

(These are going on Sport Grey shirts.)

KUHawks.png

Being from Atchison -and my many of my family members (brother Class of '88) having attended KU, I can understand why there is a lot of blue & crimson teams.

I bet if you were black & gold, you'd be 'black & blue' from all the beatings.

Go Squirrels!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The logo looks great. I especially like the SS thrown in there ala the Mets logo, where they "sneak" in the NY.

The only improvement I thought that would make this look better would be to the squirrels head. I kept thinking of a seal when I saw the head. Adding detail to his nose/snout where there's a color difference would probably help but take away from the simpleness of the design with cluttered lines. Maybe "puffing up" his right cheek would work too, or adding some "furry" lines. Sorry, didn't mean to nitpick, but I didn't know if you were a perfectionist or not and I just wanted to give you my opinion that you may be able to use.

Still, as is, it's still great.

any more suggestions before I mess around with the face? A member of our team thought it would look cool if the squirrel was holding a bat. I think it would be bad b/c you would lose the claws. What do you guys think?

KUHawks.png

Why Green?

The "manager" had a grey shirt with red from a previous team that he really liked and we both agreed that a red squirrel would look odd, we decided on a green one. Also around here (Lawrence, KS) not a lot of teams use green in their logos/shirts. It is usually crimson and blue.

(These are going on Sport Grey shirts.)

I wouldn't worry about the color. The logo alone sets you apart :lol:

That's a great logo. Very intimidating.

Archived