Leicester Ice Tigers

Hathaway Browne

Just a quick explaination. I'm a bit of a lurker 'round these parts, but I've finally decided to "give it a go" and do a concept myself. Admittedly its not exactly original (and the template I've got is a bit basic), anyway, I've taken inspiration from the Leicester city rugby team and based a EIHL team around it.

Here goes then.... *gulp*

2674216851_d808b72acc_o.jpg

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

For the green jersey, I'd keep the logo maroon, but add a white outline around it. I think it reads better in red. THe jerseys are basic, but I like them....simplicity goes a long way.

I didn't want to do too much to the jerseys (although I may do a 3rd based on the actual rugby shirt), and I left off the sponsors logos that usual dilute the EIHL jerseys.

Thanks for the suggestion on the outline - I did a quick mock up in Photoshop (sorry it's a little rough)

2675173454_1a287ba092_o.jpg

I don't like the colors that much. Maybe some black and orange like the Flyers?

Well yes, that could work, but I was basing it on the rugby teams actual colours:

http://www.tigers.co.uk/

(Quite why their road colours are white and purple is beyond me).

And I started to have a go at a horizontal striping for a 3rd jersey and bid a hasty retreat... :rolleyes::blink:

This is quite cool, definately what I would imagine a Tigers hockey team might look like. I did something similar ages ago with Liverpool and Man Utd but never got as far as developing a whole series, so I'd like to see what you'd come up with for some other rugby Premiership teams.

It doesn't look to bad. The only problem I see is that the stripes on the arms would get lost in the gloves.

Ahh I hadn't thought of that! I might make an amendment to that then.

This is quite cool, definately what I would imagine a Tigers hockey team might look like. I did something similar ages ago with Liverpool and Man Utd but never got as far as developing a whole series, so I'd like to see what you'd come up with for some other rugby Premiership teams.

Thanks for that idea, it'd have to be cities that have rugby teams don't have an EIHL franchise. :)

Sale Sharks.... B)

Saracens...

Worcester

Gloucester

Harlequins? :blink:

London Irish or London Wasps?

Ooh the possibilities! :D

I don't like the colors that much. Maybe some black and orange like the Flyers?

:blink:

I must say I like the jersey design, the logo also looks better on the white background in your update. I agree with AsM, you need to move the arm stripes towards the center of the sleeve. Another thing - on the green jersey, change either the waist stripes or the arm stripes so you get some consistency, I don't like how they don't match. Notice on the white jersey the striping matches.

^Do you mean the fact that the centre bar is red on the road and green on the home?

I did have it matching on both, but I alternated it just because green was the dominant colour on the road thinking that it was a bit "lost".

No, I mean that the center bar on the sleeves of the green jersey is green, while the center bar on the waist of the same jersey is red.

^Do you mean the fact that the centre bar is red on the road and green on the home?

I did have it matching on both, but I alternated it just because green was the dominant colour on the road thinking that it was a bit "lost".

No, I mean that the center bar on the sleeves of the green jersey is green, while the center bar on the waist of the same jersey is red.

Ah I'm with you now! ^_^ I'll try and do a proper revision on the jerseys later. Might even have a crack at that striped one before I move onto the next team... the Worcester Warriors.

Edit: I might even try the Rastor template of the newer jerseys. Although not sure if trying it in Paint is a good idea?

On thealternate the numbers look weird on the back, you should put them in the middle of the stripes.

IMO.

Other then that this is a very nice set of jerseys.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

On thealternate the numbers look weird on the back, you should put them in the middle of the stripes.

IMO.

Other then that this is a very nice set of jerseys.

Thanks! ^_^ Point taken on the numbers, I would be better if they were lower. Note made for the re-do in the new template..

.. and now, I present the Worcester Warriors (thought it might get old adding "Ice" in front of each nickname ;) )

2690345568_675b36c7f5_o.jpg

Archived