Super Bowl XLVI Logo Concept

knnhrvy16

Hey guys!

Pretty simple concept here, just had an idea for the Super Bowl XLVI logo itching to get out. I had a little bit of down time today, so I thought I'd go ahead and whip it out and see what you guys thought.

I've always admired the design of the Indiana state flag for some reason. The torch and stars just come together so well, and make for a fantastic flag.

draft_lens15235621module132295651photo_1303675312Indiana_State_Flag.jpg

I've long thought that the particular idea of the flag would make a great design inspiration for an All-Star game or other big sporting event, and with XLVI being played in Indy, it all came together here. Not much to explain....I wasn't going for the exact look of the flag, just more of an homage to it.

Without further ado...

SuperBowlXLVIconcept.png

and the logo against blue:

SuperBowlXLVIconcept2.png

C&C much appreciated as always! Thanks for viewing, and hope you're all having a good Wednesday.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like the concept, but I think it would be neat if the blue background was the shape of the front of Lucas Oil Field

Love the concept, but I dont want anything involving Lucas Oil Stadium. It reminds me too much of the current logo :cursing:

Totally agree. I'd rather see a logo incorporating the Indy 500 than Lucas Oil Stadium.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Just a quick, friendly bump...

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived