• 2,733 posts

• Favourite Logos:ASU "Sparky"
      Jazz music note wordmark
      Blue Jackets "Stinger"
      Oregon "Donald Duck"
      Scottish Claymores primary

Posted January 25, 2012 - 13:52

Hey guys!

Pretty simple concept here, just had an idea for the Super Bowl XLVI logo itching to get out. I had a little bit of down time today, so I thought I'd go ahead and whip it out and see what you guys thought.

I've always admired the design of the Indiana state flag for some reason. The torch and stars just come together so well, and make for a fantastic flag.

Posted Image

I've long thought that the particular idea of the flag would make a great design inspiration for an All-Star game or other big sporting event, and with XLVI being played in Indy, it all came together here. Not much to explain....I wasn't going for the exact look of the flag, just more of an homage to it.

Without further ado...

Posted Image

and the logo against blue:

Posted Image

C&C much appreciated as always! Thanks for viewing, and hope you're all having a good Wednesday.

Posted Image

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

#2 kutztown

kutztown

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 14:25

I like the concept, but I think it would be neat if the blue background was the shape of the front of Lucas Oil Field

#3 sportsfan0518

sportsfan0518

• Members
  • 459 posts

• Favourite Logos:-Boston Celtics
      -New York Mets
      -2009 World Series
      -Super Bowl XLI
      -Chicago Blackhawks

Posted January 25, 2012 - 16:24

I like the concept, but I think it would be neat if the blue background was the shape of the front of Lucas Oil Field

Love the concept, but I dont want anything involving Lucas Oil Stadium. It reminds me too much of the current logo :cursing:

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 sportsfan0158_zps2c390f1d.png11Giants.png

#4 dbadefense1990

dbadefense1990
  • I'm dead, inside and out. I'm just dead.

• Members
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Logos:All NBA Playoffs and Finals logos, late 1980s-early 2000s.

Posted January 25, 2012 - 18:28

Love the concept, but I dont want anything involving Lucas Oil Stadium. It reminds me too much of the current logo :cursing:

Totally agree. I'd rather see a logo incorporating the Indy 500 than Lucas Oil Stadium.

#5 knnhrvy16

knnhrvy16

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

• Favourite Logos:ASU "Sparky"
      Jazz music note wordmark
      Blue Jackets "Stinger"
      Oregon "Donald Duck"
      Scottish Claymores primary

Posted January 26, 2012 - 10:23

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Just a quick, friendly bump...

Posted Image

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

#6 RCOStuff

RCOStuff

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 14:10

very nice