Northwest Arkansas Naturals

mfoster

Ballparkdigest.com is reporting that Springdale's Texas League team (relocating from Wichita next season) will be known as the Northwest Arkansas Naturals.

No word yet on if the logo will be of a streaker.

I can see the headlines now:

"Naturals extend streak"

"Natural disaster: skid reaches 12"

"Royals' latest call-up unnatural"

UPDATE: http://www.texas-league.com/news/?id=7376

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why I'm I finding this out here? This is something I should've found out before it was released, seeing how I work at a Ballpark of a Texas League team. I'm not passing judgement here, I'm just stating how pathetic I am that I don't even hear about until I look here. I'm sad, both in an emotional and pathetic matter.

Bob Rich is the owner of the Buffalo Bisons, Jamestown Jammers and Wichita Wranglers/NW Arkansas. I assume the name Naturals was chosen in reference to Roy Hobbs of the NY Knights from the movie "The Natural" filmed in Buffalo back in 1983. Rich is also a big fishermen and has published books about his fishing trips, hence two of the other choices- Bass & Anglers.

• 2 months later...

While I'm actually anxious to see it, does it really make sense to unveil the logo this early in the season for next season... while the team is still playing in a different city?

Absolutely. The logos will give you the identity you need to attract prospective sponsors, season ticket holders, etc. The name alone gets you just so far.

And the Naturals are actually three months behind the pace the Lehigh Valley IronPigs set with their logo unveiling.

Oh, and then there's that whole merchandising thing that will generate revenues right off the bat....

Cards.png

While I'm actually anxious to see it, does it really make sense to unveil the logo this early in the season for next season... while the team is still playing in a different city?

Absolutely. The logos will give you the identity you need to attract prospective sponsors, season ticket holders, etc. The name alone gets you just so far.

And the Naturals are actually three months behind the pace the Lehigh Valley IronPigs set with their logo unveiling.

Oh, and then there's that whole merchandising thing that will generate revenues right off the bat....

Had forgotten about Lehigh Valley. I guess I just figured, since we didn't start selling merchendise until the December before our first game. Although we weren't unveiled as a team until the end of August 2004. Oh well. We don't carry in merchendise from other Texas League teams, except a shirt that has all the logos on it. Will have to order a new one of those for next year now.

cause of the stadium???, or what????

Ballpark (Lawrence-Dumont is old and has fewer emenities than most modern parks.)

Attendance (Nothing great, not what the Texas League is targeting right now.)

National Basball Congress World Series (Eats up a month of your potential home schedule)

Archived