Some Auburn Tiger uni notes

footballfiji

If anyone caught this:

F325634.jpg

It has two players wearing the number 18. Kodi Burns (left) and Wes Byrum (right). I'm sure it can be a common thing, but its weird seeing it on the field. Both players scored in the game (Burns, a backup QB, a rushing TD and Byrum 2 FGs including the game winner)

Also for this weekends game against Vanderbilt, Auburn will be wearing throwback unis to honor the 1957 championship team:

480624.jpg

Technically all they had to do is remove the AU logo from the Helmets (the uniforms have been pretty much unchanged since)

So what's so special about those throwbacks, other than why their doing it. The only change I see is no helmet decal, and a gray facemask.

I wish Mizzou was wearing throwbacks to the 1998 uniforms this Saturday. Hell, I just wish they would go back to the old unis, I hate the new ones.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

It has two players wearing the number 18. Kodi Burns (left) and Wes Byrum (right). I'm sure it can be a common thing, but its weird seeing it on the field. Both players scored in the game (Burns, a backup QB, a rushing TD and Byrum 2 FGs including the game winner)

that is not that uncommon. many programs have more players than available numbers. I know the rule is that two players can share the same number so long as during the course of the game they are not participating at the same time. most of the time one will be offense and the other defense or special teams.

hope that helps.

If anyone caught this:

F325634.jpg

Also for this weekends game against Vanderbilt, Auburn will be wearing throwback unis to honor the 1957 championship team:

480624.jpg

Technically all they had to do is remove the AU logo from the Helmets (the uniforms have been pretty much unchanged since)

This would be an interesting topic if both of these topics hadnt been covered in the past couple of weeks. I realize I'll never contribute a breaking uni/logo change but I'll still have the decency to not rehash topics that have been discussed two weeks ago. To finish my rant, it will continually bother me to see something discussed for a period of time only to see someone bring the topic up the next week. I am not singling out the person who posted this, it just seems like there is a continuous stream of people bringing up old topics. Thanks for listening. Good day.

If anyone caught this:

F325634.jpg

480624.jpg

This would be an interesting topic if both of these topics hadnt been covered in the past couple of weeks. I realize I'll never contribute a breaking uni/logo change but I'll still have the decency to not rehash topics that have been discussed two weeks ago. To finish my rant, it will continually bother me to see something discussed for a period of time only to see someone bring the topic up the next week. I am not singling out the person who posted this, it just seems like there is a continuous stream of people bringing up old topics. Thanks for listening. Good day.

Allbarn's 1957 "championship" is tainted since they were on probation during that year. It was not even unanimous. Technically they won a half of a title. I wonder if they got half a ring that year?

2qluyo7.png

If anyone caught this:

F325634.jpg

480624.jpg

Where was this discussed? Please point in the proper direction. I did a search for "Auburn Tigers" and nothing related to two #18s on the field or Auburn's throwback uniforms were listed.

I'm not singling out the person who posted this...I'm just curious.

If anyone caught this:

F325634.jpg

480624.jpg

Auburn's 1957 championship is tainted since they were on probation during that year. It was not even unanimous. Technically they won a half of a title. I wonder if they got half a ring that year?

I do believe Alabama has a quite a few titles that are suspect as well.

Archived