IUPUI Football

sc49erfan15

Moving on to my first team from the Summit League, I present to you the Jaguars of IUPUI...or as a much more fun way to say, Ooey Pooey:

IUPUIFootball1.png

-IUPUI just went through a logo redesign, so I didn't have a whole lot to work with as far as new uniforms. Couldn't base anything on existing stuff, so I kinda had the liberty to do with it what I wanted.

-And these logos...are way too complicated. Holy paths, batman!

-The throwback is based on the older, lighter colors and the "Metros" nickname which was in place until the mid-90s.

That's about all I got...hit me!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Moving on to my first team from the Summit League, I present to you the Jaguars of IUPUI...or as a much more fun way to say, Ooey Pooey:

IUPUIFootball1.png

-IUPUI just went through a logo redesign, so I didn't have a whole lot to work with as far as new uniforms. Couldn't base anything on existing stuff, so I kinda had the liberty to do with it what I wanted.

-And these logos...are way too complicated. Holy paths, batman!

-The throwback is based on the older, lighter colors and the "Metros" nickname which was in place until the mid-90s.

That's about all I got...hit me!

Awesome! Did not know about the "Metros" nickname. Definitely need a black alternate though, and good job getting the new logos!

6fQjS3M.png

I love the uniforms....Very sharp looking...

I don't believe a black alternate is needed at all...I think these are great as is...

My only concern is the helmet...I think I would go with a white helmet with a maroon facemask and maybe some sort of striping, like maybe a maroon or orange stripe down the middle...Or maroon center stripe flanked by orange ones...The maroon helmet with that logo just doesn't appeal to me that much...I just think it would look better on a white helmet, but that's just me...

The throwback or "Metros" reminds me a bit of the KC Chiefs...I think it's more to do with the colors than anything else, but they are sharp as well...

As always, very cool and sharp looking concept there...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I love the uniforms....Very sharp looking...

I don't believe a black alternate is needed at all...I think these are great as is...

My only concern is the helmet...I think I would go with a white helmet with a maroon facemask and maybe some sort of striping, like maybe a maroon or orange stripe down the middle...Or maroon center stripe flanked by orange ones...The maroon helmet with that logo just doesn't appeal to me that much...I just think it would look better on a white helmet, but that's just me...

The throwback or "Metros" reminds me a bit of the KC Chiefs...I think it's more to do with the colors than anything else, but they are sharp as well...

As always, very cool and sharp looking concept there...

Mike

I guess I'm just getting that from their old road black basketball jerseys. Oh, and they have the perfect stadium on campus already (it's a track stadium!)

6fQjS3M.png

Good job on the concept. Love the Metro's throwback, interested to see a helmet too. I felt like I had to comment since its a Purdue school (Indiana Univ. - Purdue Univ. at Indy). I don't think IUPUI would actually field a football team, but if they did this would surely work for them.

I still prefer their old jaguar logo, which you still see frequently around campus (my wife goes to school there). I am not sure if they have made a full switch to this one or not.

2502.gif

Good job on the concept. Love the Metro's throwback, interested to see a helmet too. I felt like I had to comment since its a Purdue school (Indiana Univ. - Purdue Univ. at Indy). I don't think IUPUI would actually field a football team, but if they did this would surely work for them.

I still prefer their old jaguar logo, which you still see frequently around campus (my wife goes to school there). I am not sure if they have made a full switch to this one or not.

2502.gif

Yes, but the powers at IU and Purdue would both reject to any way IUPUI could get bigger than either of them (heck, IUPUI could beat IU!)

6fQjS3M.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived