Houston Astros concept

Fjm

I know there have been a lot of Astros concepts in the past year or so, with a good number of them trying to go back to their classic blue and orange colors. I first just recolored their existing logo, and I thought it looked good enough to try slapping it on a uniform.

As you can see, I added a little athletic gold (from the rainbow era) to the mix. One, to brighten it up, and two, to make it unique from other blue & orange or navy & orange sports teams.

I only did the home uniform so far. I kept the current jersey wordmark, partly because I think there is nothing wrong with it, and partly because I'm not good at designing wordmarks. I kept the number font but stretched it horizontally. I brought back the H-star caps, and the star on the front of the jersey, which I think works with the rest of the design.

C&C appreciated. (I know it's not technically well-done, being in Paint and on a boring template. Also that I just borrowed, recolored and combined old pieces together without creating anything new. Now go ahead...)

Astrosuniformconcept.png

Any other comments? I know it may not look like it, but I actually have been tinkering with this concept for a few months (off and on), so I was hoping to have a few critiques, suggestions, etc. Any Astros fans, like or dislike?

Thanks!

It's good, but it looks too much like the Mets IMO.

I think it looks nothing like the Mets. The script / numbers are orange, it has a tail, and a big star on it. The cap also has a white monogram, whereas the Mets blue cap has only orange on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it looks nothing like the Mets. The script / numbers are orange, it has a tail, and a big star on it. The cap also has a white monogram, whereas the Mets blue cap has only orange on it.

Does the blue I used look closer to royal or navy? I was going for a dark blue, similar to the current Brewers or Indians. Based on the Mets comparison, my laptop monitor might be off.

This is the same guy who thinks the Padres in brown and gold look to much like the A's.

Blue cap with orange in the cap logo. That right away looks a LOT like the Mets to me.

I never said it looked EXACTLY like the Mets, I mean, come on, saying it looks NOTHING like the mets is going to far.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Does the blue I used look closer to royal or navy? I was going for a dark blue, similar to the current Brewers or Indians. Based on the Mets comparison, my laptop monitor might be off.

It's definitely way lighter than Brewers or Indians blue on my monitor, and it looks EXACTLY like Mets blue on my monitor. But everyone in this thread is jumping on my for saying that, so maybe my display/color settings are just different from everybody elses.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived