California Mavericks Hockey Concept

worcat

CaliMavs-2.png

Just playing around with an idea. How can I make the puck pop more? I feel like it gets lost in this design. I definitely want to keep the "C" and "M" design in the logo.

**Why does it look like a snake wearing sunglasses?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

It looks like the teal should be California Waves or Tides. Nothing says Mavericks here at all. Waves don't have anything to do with horses but all you have advertised is a "C" and a wave which would lead to branding confusion.

It looks like the teal should be California Waves or Tides. Nothing says Mavericks here at all. Waves don't have anything to do with horses but all you have advertised is a "C" and a wave which would lead to branding confusion.

I don't undertand the name at all. You do know what a maverick is, right? I would change the name or incorporate a maverick more into the logo

I think he is referring to the Mavericks in Santa Cruz. It is a giant surf event that happens each year.

I don't undertand the name at all. You do know what a maverick is, right? I would change the name or incorporate a maverick more into the logo

I think he is referring to the Mavericks in Santa Cruz. It is a giant surf event that happens each year.

This is the Maverick I used as a reference, looks like i was better off on my own after all. Durrrrr

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I actually like this a lot. Maybe you could put the puck on top of the wave, similar to the puck in the Colorado Avalanche logo. Also, I think making the wave a little thicker would be nice. To me, it looks too skinny for some reason. As someone from CA, I think this would be a great idea for a minor league team.

This is the Maverick I used as a reference, looks like i was better off on my own after all. Durrrrr

well you don't have to say it like that. A simple explanation and background in the beginning would have helped a lot. I don't see why that is so difficult.

Archived