Vote for Michigan's "coolest" prep (high school) baseball cap

DelayedPenalty

MLive has started a poll to vote for the coolest high school baseball cap in the state. This isn't all of them, just ones that were nominated (by who, I'm not sure). There are some cool ones, some generic ones, rip-off pro/college logos, etc. I voted for Wyandotte Roosevelt, since I have a couple of friends who are coaches for the team, plus they do have a pretty cool cap.

mlive-prep-baseball-caps-6173b498bb6e95d

Best logo I'm giving to the Lansing Christian Pilgrims

mlive-prep-baseball-caps-55102b112d47880

Better look at the logo

LCS_Pilgrim1-600x338.jpg

Here's the article and poll

More than 60 baseball caps were nominated, with a variety of styles and traditions that could make picking a winner difficult.

But that's the job of MLive fans who now have the task of picking their favorite high school baseball cap in Michigan. Take a look at the caps in the photo slideshow, then jump down to the poll and vote for your favorite.

It's not an easy decision. Some caps are steeped in tradition, such as Grand Ledge, while others have a digital camo look, such as Breckenridge.

Some have logos that incorporate mascots, while others follow more familiar designs, like the Olde English D from Dryden that should look familiar to Detroit Tigers fans.

Some caps incorporate extra details on the back, giving fans something to look at whether the player is coming or going.

Fans are asked to vote for their favorites, with a Top 10 determined on Thursday, May 7, and a final champion on Thursday, May 14.

So enjoy the different caps and start voting for your favorite.

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/2764415857410546651/voting-begins-for-mlives-coolest-prep-baseball-caps-contest/#incart_m-rpt-2

Disappointed that they have Skyline (the new Ann Arbor public high school that's drained the talent from the traditional powers):

mlive-prep-baseball-caps-a14e720a7bd02d0

and Pioneer (the original Ann Arbor public high school power):

mlive-prep-baseball-caps-19c00099b761800

but not Huron (my alma mater and the other traditional Ann Arbor public high school power). Couldn't find a recent pic of their cap, and it probably wouldn't have won my vote since it's usually a simple H in green and black with gold accents, but still.

I voted for Ypsi's thanks to their sharp color scheme and logo:

mlive-prep-baseball-caps-7359a4e5451cb7a

but for some reason I like Kalamazoo Central's a lot too. Something about how old school and yet gaudy it seems:

mlive-prep-baseball-caps-700881e0d78d50d

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived