La lakers alternate jersey

sanantoniodragon

I was playing NBA 2K3 as the Lakers and they were wearing white alternate uniforms. The shorts had a secondary logo on them. It was a purple L embroidered on a yellow basketball. Are these uniforms going to be worn by the Lakers or are they just in the game? Also in the game are red Portland Trailblazers alternates.

Actually, here's the plan, corrected several times by AP last night:

"The Lakers wore white uniforms for the first time since the 1966-67 season, when they played at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Since that time, they'd worn yellow uniforms at home. They will wear the whites in every Sunday home game the rest of the season."

So it's just Sundays... I wonder if this was brought about because other teams wanted to wear a color other than white as their primary homes...

Actually, here's the plan, corrected several times by AP last night:

"The Lakers wore white uniforms for the first time since the 1966-67 season, when they played at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Since that time, they'd worn yellow uniforms at home. They will wear the whites in every Sunday home game the rest of the season."

So it's just Sundays... I wonder if this was brought about because other teams wanted to wear a color other than white as their primary homes...

I've seen the Pacers and Nets break out the golds and greys (respectively) at home in the past few seasons

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

P.S. are the red Blazers alternates going to be worn yet?

According to this morning's USA Today the Blazers will be wearing the red alternates on Saturday and the Clippers will introduce a blue alternate sometime in January.

I've seen the Pacers and Nets break out the golds and greys (respectively) at home in the past few seasons

Exactly... maybe the NBA wants to avoid an NHL-type situation where all the teams want to wear a color at home 'because the Lakers get to.' Not that this makes it 'even,' but maybe it's to keep teams like the Pacers and Nets (or down the road... other not-so-light thirds) from trying to wear alts at home all the time. I don't know, it was just pure speculation in an off-the-cuff remark.

I truly believe this is just a way for the Lakers to make more money. But at least they now have a white jersey like everyone else.

:P Clippers blue alternate? This I gotta see. I better play as the clips in NBA 2K3 to see them, if they're in it.

They're baby blue with 'Los Angeles' written across the chest in handwriting, I posted a pic a while ago, as well as the red blazers

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived