Arizona/Phoenix/St. Louis Cardinals helmet history

michillini

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if the Cardinals have ever worn a tiny black outline around their logo anytime between the period of 1960-2004? If so what were the exact years? I have seen an outline on some replica/mini/pocket helmets but have never seen an onfield pic that depicted this. TIA.

while the mini helmet replicas typically do a good job of looking like the real thing, they can sometimes make mistakes and once it goes into mass production that mistake will stick for a long time. For example, the Texas longhorn mini replica had a "fatter" version of the longhorn logo while the mini A&M replica had the mid 90's logo in use until about 2 years ago despite the fact that it changed in the early 2000s

Yep, I've got a Pocket Pro Cardinals helmet with the black outline around the bird that I've been hanging onto, just in case it were ever discovered that they were actually used by the team, but so far I haven't found a photo of them being used. I also have the correct version without the outline, so that's what I display.

Hey Jim, I have the same dilemma which is actually where the question came from. I've got the 2 bar version no outline, traditional style no outline, revolution style with the current bird, and then the traditional style with an outline. I have a display case in which I display all the teams vertically and there are 5 slots so currently I display the 3 listed above along with a blank no logo 1958=1959 2 bar and on the very bottom a 1957 blank red shell Chicago Cardinals. I was kind of hoping someone had evidence that the outlined version existed so I could add that one to the case and eliminate the red shell. Thanks for everyones replies.

Archived