Pirates to host 2006 MLB All-Star Game?

Slickster

Why oh why?? I know PNC is a beautiful park, just like SBC, but I agree with STL, nearly everyone calls St. Louis the greatest baseball city in the country, and if I'm not mistaken, the Cards have even taken to calling it Baseball City, USA. There is no way a city like that should go 40 years w/o an ASG. I'm surprised they didn't get one back in the mid-90's when they started playing at the doughnut stadiums again (Philly and Pittsburgh), even though it was known that the cities would soon be getting newer better baseball-only stadiums that would be perfect for future games there. Even with all of it's drawbacks and design flaws, Busch is still one of the best stadiums in baseball to take in a game right now. Having said that, they are getting the ASG whenever the stadium is finished, so I think it's about time to put the game in KC. Having said that, I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon, with the Cardinals already being promised the game whenever the new park is finished, since the powers-that-be won't want to put a game in the same state in back to back years or close to it, especially MO.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Didn't Cincinnati have an ASG in 1988 in their concrete doughnut?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Well, I guess I'm the only one happy here other than pittu. I can understand where others would be mad, but PNC Park is very beautiful, and our city truely needs the money this could get us. Our mayor has dug us into a hole, and this could definately help. That's just what I think, but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Abbey.jpg

Archived