Frontier League changes

panthers_2012

Independent Baseball league Frontier League announced today new division line ups for next season. The league is now 12 teams, as the Rockford Aviators folded and the league announced the folding of the traveling team, the Frontier Greys. http://www.frontierleague.com/2015/10/27/frontier-league-announces-2016-schedule/

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

They've been at 13 teams ever since the London Rippers imploded, so it's good to get the league back to an even number. Just wish it was by addition instead of subtraction. Rockford's getting a franchise in the Northwoods League, which is a nice add for their geography.

Also, I think this needs a nudge over to "Sports In General".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They've been at 13 teams ever since the London Rippers imploded, so it's good to get the league back to an even number. Just wish it was by addition instead of subtraction. Rockford's getting a franchise in the Northwoods League, which is a nice add for their geography.

Also, I think this needs a nudge over to "Sports In General".

^Me too...that will be an AMAZING rivalry Rockford will have with my Kingfish, the CHAMPS!

bYhYmxh.png

Is college wood-bat a move up or down from independent pro? I'll have to get out to Rockford for a game next summer; Road Ranger Stadium always looked like a decent place to spend an afternoon.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is college wood-bat a move up or down from independent pro? I'll have to get out to Rockford for a game next summer; Road Ranger Stadium always looked like a decent place to spend an afternoon.

Technically it's down, since collegiate wood-bat players are still amateurs with college eligibility remaining. But many college wood-bat teams are run professionally as if they were affiliated minor league clubs, so the question is a valid one. The two often aren't far from each other in that regard.

That being said, there are a couple of indy leagues out there that certainly seem a (huge) step down from anything. The Pecos League immediately comes to mind...look it up. Fascinating, if not for the best reasons.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived