Dallas Stars Logo Recolored

SnakesFan

It is okay, but I think that the current mark is better. Here's why:

1. Actual D on the star looks really weird with such a difference of colors. With the actual logo, the star is grey and light grey, and it looks sharp. Here, it is red and white, and there is a huge contrast.

2. Outlining is very strange and makes it look clunky.

3. Colors are too common and don't separate the Stars at all from other teams across the country in all sports.

4. The giant black space in the negative space in the D. Makes the logo very clunky with all the colors.

Fix these and you should be good.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

You should post the picture directly by entering its URL on the "Image" icon that appears while you are writing a post. The current URL doesn't seem to work for that, however.

I experimented myself with these colours when the new logo came out, and was never satisfied with the results, which were similar to this.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

The color scheme that they have with the logo is about the only color configuration that looks right with the logo. That's even replacing the silver with gold from their previous identity.

To me the Stars is a green/black based team and I don't like red and blue for their color scheme. I've seen concepts where people have tried using red and blue and it doesn't work for them.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You should post the picture directly by entering its URL on the "Image" icon that appears while you are writing a post. The current URL doesn't seem to work for that, however.

I experimented myself with these colours when the new logo came out, and was never satisfied with the results, which were similar to this.

How

sportsherald, on 04 Dec 2015 - 18:11, said:

How

If you have placed your image on Pinterest or some other sharing site, you can copy the resulting URL (web address for that image) and paste it in the space provided when you click on the "Image" icon (a picture frame) on the menu bar that is available while you are writing a post here. That icon is the 11th from the left, second row, on my computer. In my example, I posted the image from http://www.yescoloring.com/images/10_Dallas_Stars_hockey_coloring-page_at_yescoloring_304.gif

10_Dallas_Stars_hockey_coloring-page_at_

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived