Philadelphia Flyers Concept

Rollins Man

Recently i started thinking about the flyers logo, and as much as everyone likes it, myself included, i started thinking about tinkering around with it while doodling. I always felt that it should somehow incorporate an F into the design along with the P. So i just sliced off the bottom two wings from the logo. I thinks it's ok, but I want to know what everyone else thinks. Should i leave well enough alone? The jersey itself is a bit of a combo of what they wear now with some element from the lindros era. I also tried to make the white area on the shoulders in the shape of the liberty bell.

Flyers.png

The Flyers have one of those "untouchable" logos but this is a change I wouldn't mind.  The "P" is certainly more prominent on this version (yeah I know the logo is meant to be subtle, but what if it wasn't?) and it works surprisingly well with those swooped shoulders.  Clean up some of  noise around the road versions logo and you got a great concept.  Extra points for not using the contrasting nameplate ;) .

I agree, the flyers, along with the blues and the 06 teams to me should never be touched. But I've spent years trying to figure out a nice way to add the F in without taking away from the P and i think this variation makes the P even more prominent. As a little kid i actually never even knew what the flyers logo was supposed to be because the P didn't really pop too me, even though i really love the logo. 

Archived