Los Angeles Queens Concept Logo (Womens Hockey Logo Idea)

Sportsworth

If the NWHL decided to expand, How about the Los Angeles Queens!? I came up with this logo while watching a Boston Pride hockey game and thought that a team in LA would perfect to expand into. I went with gold and black instead of the Kings silver and black. Comments and critique wanted.

LA Queens.png

12 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Looks great. Love the "subtle" Q, it really ties the whole thing together.

Black/Gold looks great, but would we be able to see what black/silver looks like?

Thank you! Yes I can do a black and silver one and post it tomorrow. No problem. 

Guest darkpiranha
37 minutes ago, Sportsworth said:

Its suppose to be... The crown is crowning the Q not the queen.. The queens face is inside the Q.

I halfway agree with bleuet's question.  It's not the size of the crown, but the fact that it looks more like a typical "man's" crown.  A queen's crown is usually a bit daintier or more feminine.   Such as the difference between a chess King and Queen.  

34 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

I halfway agree with bleuet's question.  It's not the size of the crown, but the fact that it looks more like a typical "man's" crown.  A queen's crown is usually a bit daintier or more feminine.   Such as the difference between a chess King and Queen.  

You are right actually... I will rework it and see what I can do. 

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I will say this.. Google queens crowns and a lot look like the one I created. Kings crowns also resemble some of the queens crown shapes. I really don't find a need to change the crown in my logo. You can also Google the red queen, her crown resembles the one in my logo as well.

The logo is awesome, I wanted to say I'm not sure its balanced. I'd make the crown say 15% smaller, to emphasize a bit more on the letter Q. I understand we'd see more of the queen's hair.

One way or the other, its awesome. Was also wondering if more white (like the eye)was in order, but in the end, no. Its fine like that.

1 hour ago, bleuet said:

The logo is awesome, I wanted to say I'm not sure its balanced. I'd make the crown say 15% smaller, to emphasize a bit more on the letter Q. I understand we'd see more of the queen's hair.

One way or the other, its awesome. Was also wondering if more white (like the eye)was in order, but in the end, no. Its fine like that.

I'm going to add a few more color combinations tomorrow and post them. And thanks Bleuet!

Archived