American Primary League Soccer | Alternate MLS History (Phoenix FC 2/20)

XenonDesigns

History of the American Primary League

In early 2000, FIFA began a mission to crack down on corruption in football. The federation shut down and suspended hundreds of minor league throughout the world but the one major league that FIFA shut down was Major League Soccer. Upon investigation, many league officials and owners were arrested for match-fixing and corruption. Soccer in the US began to die just when it had just been beginning to grow. US and Canadian soccer federation knew something had to be done fast. Out of the ruble of MLS, non-corrupt owners and new owners created the American Primary League as well as the American Dynamic League and lower tiers (USL, NASL, etc.). 

The new league was set to be more like a european league with promotion-relegation, more competitiveness in the CCL and a rebranded domestic cup. The league also invested heavily in elite players, making the league quickly climb the ranks of the best in the world. Now, 2015-2016 is the league's 13th season and is currently ranked at the 5th best league in the world making US Soccer and Canadian Soccer forces to be reckoned with in international competition. 

570ae7cd7d586_LeagueLogoOutline.thumb.pn

Team #1: Providence Renaissance 

The Renaissance have been one of the greatest teams in Primary League history as they've won 5 league championships and 3 domestic cups. They've been in the top flight since the league was originally established. In that 15 years the club has built a top-of-the-line stadium in downtown Providence, established a diehard fanbase and brought soccer to be one of the top sports in Rhode Island as well as expanding their influence to a lot of New England. Recently, the club hasn't been able to qualify for the CCL as they've been too sentimental with veteran players and not resorting to more young, skilled players. Only two players from the originally squad have been at the club since 01', Rockwell (CAM) and Harrington (GK). Both players are 38 years old and have been criticized but are overall known as heroes to the fans of PRFC.

sheet.thumb.png.465d32f726b9cbec779d8c5e

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

What's the story behind the name Renaissance for a team in Providence, the logo needs more black imo, get rid of the grey other than the building which I assume has something to do with Providence, the kits look very nice, especially the third, also I don't know if the stripes are supposed to look like adidas stripes, but they sure do and you have a Nike logo on the jersey's

the text arc on 'renaissance' is wonky!

i need more ooomph from the blue bird league logo, that tells me its a league logo. at the moment it looks more like the teams secondary sleeve patch when applied.

8 hours ago, Jvhn177 said:

What's the story behind the name Renaissance for a team in Providence, the logo needs more black imo, get rid of the grey other than the building which I assume has something to do with Providence, the kits look very nice, especially the third, also I don't know if the stripes are supposed to look like adidas stripes, but they sure do and you have a Nike logo on the jersey's

The building on the crest is the renaissance hotel in providence. I guess the name could also represent the rebirth of soccer in Rhode Island. As for the sponsor, I didn't really think it mattered if it had shoulder stripes and what not but I guess I'll switch to adidas. 

8 hours ago, Commodore Crablegs said:

the text arc on 'renaissance' is wonky!

i need more ooomph from the blue bird league logo, that tells me its a league logo. at the moment it looks more like the teams secondary sleeve patch when applied.

Yea I'm no expert at Inkscape which I used to curve the text but I'll see what I can do in the future. I'll try to rework the league logo and make it look like a league logo.

Phoenix FC

Phoenix has been an up and down team over the history of the franchise. They were an original team in 2001 and at first were very successful but over time, star players were lured away to Providence, Hamilton and Europe. They were relegated in 2003 and 2007. Finally in 2009, the club invested in a new stadium and more ponies over horses. The club rejoined the top flight in 2011 and recently have been able to get back to the mid-table and have high hopes for the future after making deep runs in the domestic cup. 

sheet.thumb.png.799138b4e10c882d7d513f68 

Here are some renders I did of the stadium in sketchup. I'm not the best by a long shot but practice makes perfect so I think I'll continue to try and do this for each team. 

exterior.thumb.png.30d5abbd56eed6bb2b607

Interior.thumb.png.438c96a5bcb356e5b71e9

ye.thumb.png.ea396f68589f7e939de31bde2c0

I feel a team established in the 2000s should not be this simple, imo they should at least be somewhat out of the box, but the crest and jerseys look pretty nice once again, another problem I have is with the grey jersey, the concept I good, but I do not like the grey personally with white or a darker grey

Archived