NBA Vector Art Cards!! 5/6: Kareem [1971], Magic [1987], Shaq [2006]

Thazer

so, 2 thoughts inspire this thingy

could i 'paper doll' a line of NBA legends in illustrator
&
the weirdness of the 80-81 topps set.
3 players random players on a card and you were seriously meant to rip the cards apart!

no rhyme or reason here. sometimes the year is a career highlight.... or maybe when i think they just looked the coolest.

ill try to be as accurate as possible with the unis and dudes.

part of the fun is sleuthing out references to making vector logos from scratch off of an memorabilia auction photo, to figuring out some dudes hairline, to making sure what color Dr.J's knee brace was in 1976.... :rolleyes:

001---MJ-84---NATE-76---KOBE-00.jpg

shoutout to blase!

On 5/5/2016 at 6:34 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

Are we allowed to do requests?

I wouldn't mind seeing newer players done in this style, but if we must do legends, why not John Havlicek?

Sure.

and yep, but i might be biased towards groovy sideburns hondo over dynasty square-hair hondo.

even though im a laker guy i actually own a havlicek jersey.

true story.

On 5/5/2016 at 6:37 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

1) These are a delight to look at. Very well executed.

2) Where'd you get that script you're using for the team names? Are you hand-lettering those?

yaaay praise!

straight from the topps 80-81 set.

for newer teams like the heat, wolves etc ill have to make them. this should be as easy as rocket surgery.

On 5/5/2016 at 9:27 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

As a Warriors fan, it will never not be weird for me to see Nate Thurmond in anything other than blue and gold.

he played like 12 minutes for CLE and got his jersey retired there. i needed to commemorate this with a fake card.

true story.

Archived