NHL Drawing Concepts

AnaheimSports

11 minutes ago, AnaheimSports said:

the point of this project is to make teams a bit more simple

ok good to know! mabye next time though but that in the original post.... this is your first concept right? you do have alot of room for improvement i can tell you that

11 minutes ago, AnaheimSports said:

ok good to know! mabye next time though but that in the original post.... this is your first concept right? you do have alot of room for improvement i can tell you that

Guest darkpiranha
27 minutes ago, AnaheimSports said:

Interesting start.  Be aware that there's a noticeable difference between deliberate simplification and the sloppiness that can result from just starting out.  You're going to get a lot of feedback and advice to slow down, clean things up, and to just trust that people here have been exactly where you are (so listen to them, lol).

Right now, the designs don't look deliberate in their abstractness.  They look rushed and/or you're new.  The thicknesses of the letters are all over the place.  The two outward-facing points on the "J" are not lined up.  The top of the J isn't straight on the right.     Also, for something this abstract of a design, I'd strongly recommend writing up a little explanation of what you're going for.  That will help guide any feedback we give. 

As stated, there's not much explanation as to what these all are. I also can't see these on the front of a jersey, nor can I see them as a shoulder patch.

IMO, these are better suited for baseball than hockey. Not to say they're bad though; they are unique. I just think there should be a little more thought and design incorporated into these.

Basically, I'm going to echo everyone else who's posted above me.

Ok, so I can tell you drew them out. Not sure if that happened before or after everyone commented on your designs.

Like I said earlier, these don't work on the fronts of jerseys, and they don't look good at center ice. I also think the whole "B is on the left because of where Tampa is" is complete :censored:. It's fine to have symbolism, but when it's pulled out of your butt, it doesn't work.

The jerseys are decent, but would look a lot better if they were done on a computer. Plus, then we'd be able to comment on the designs rather than your drawing skills.

I can tell you're young, and you definitely have potential. Try to plan out your designs and why you're doing them before you post them, and if you can, make them on a computer.

:)

1 minute ago, Zeus89725 said:

Ok, so I can tell you drew them out. Not sure if that happened before or after everyone commented on your designs.

Like I said earlier, these don't work on the fronts of jerseys, and they don't look good at center ice. I also think the whole "B is on the left because of where Tampa is" is complete :censored:. It's fine to have symbolism, but when it's pulled out of your butt, it doesn't work.

The jerseys are decent, but would look a lot better if they were done on a computer. Plus, then we'd be able to comment on the designs rather than your drawing skills.

I can tell you're young, and you definitely have potential. Try to plan out your designs and why you're doing them before you post them, and if you can, make them on a computer.

:)

alright

WVUlSPh.gifghWvvzj.gif

AnaheimSports

Archived