Tucson Gila Monsters (AHL) Arizona RoadRunners (ECHL)

Zac Seidemann

Both great concepts!

I particularly love the RoadRunners, something really "fresh' about it, not only the colours, but also the font.

Just one caution: Yellow font on white kind od faces away.

Good work!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's been bugging me. The Roadrunner logo is the precise one from the last iteration of the PHX Roadrunners, and I know I've seen that cave-drawing style Gila Monster somewhere in my travels around AZ. If you're going to use logos you didn't make, at the very least, cite it in your original post. Otherwise (intentionally or not) you're stealing credit for someone else's work.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Yeah the "gila monster" was just an old Arizona coyotes alternate logo.

Wait I just realized that lizard is almost the same as mc escher's lizard tesselation

8 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Ok, it's been bugging me. The Roadrunner logo is the precise one from the last iteration of the PHX Roadrunners, and I know I've seen that cave-drawing style Gila Monster somewhere in my travels around AZ. If you're going to use logos you didn't make, at the very least, cite it in your original post. Otherwise (intentionally or not) you're stealing credit for someone else's work.

I dint steel anything. I reworked Coyotes logos and used the old RoadRunner logo.  I was trying to go for a unified Arizona hockey look. I was not trying to steel or take credit for someone else’s work. I also would not put it past any NHL team to rework their logo for an AHL or ECHL team.  For example the Ontario Reign logo is the old Kings logo with the Ontario name instead of the Kings.  

Guest darkpiranha

Yeah, even though it's technically the same, in here it's just common knowledge that official team/league logos are going to be used whenever possible and that we don't need to go around citing when we use an official logo.  So long as we aren't claiming we created the logo from scratch, I don't think anyone cares.  It's different when you're using someone else's concept or custom logo or design.  Then you should definitely give them credit.  

I'm well aware that modifying the team' look, either current or historical, is ok. The moon is one thing, that is obviously reworking part of their logo. The Roadrunners logo is from an old team in a league that has nothing to do with the Coyotes. It would be different if the concept reworked stuff the team owned, but since none of the Roadrunner or Gila Monster design components have ANY ties to the organization, it isn't the same as retooling their branding. It takes ten seconds to cite stuff you didn't create. Not doing it is taking credit for someone else's work, intentional or not.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived