NHL Double Series (final updates)

StevenGrant94

Welp that rejected Isles concept is really cool and beats what I've got for them for my Flying V series :/

I really prefer this rejected Caps look over the original; that's a team that works a lot better with navy rather than royal IMO. Not that it'd necessarily look better, but a version of the navy jersey with a white background inside the red stripes might be interesting... That, and a red jersey with the same white inside the striping and navy cuffs & collar like the current away :)

Thanks for humoring me for all of those updates; they look great! The Rangers' white socks need updating to match the striping too, though, and maybe the Blue Jackets would look *even* even better with their current number/name font.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2022 at 7:11 PM, DTConcepts said:

I like the regular chest stripe better for the Isles, but that stick concept works great as a 90s-style design. I also really like the Caps' star-filled unused concept you've got! This whole series has been fantastic. Great work all around!

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, vtgco said:

Welp that rejected Isles concept is really cool and beats what I've got for them for my Flying V series :/

I really prefer this rejected Caps look over the original; that's a team that works a lot better with navy rather than royal IMO. Not that it'd necessarily look better, but a version of the navy jersey with a white background inside the red stripes might be interesting... That, and a red jersey with the same white inside the striping and navy cuffs & collar like the current away :)

Thanks for humoring me for all of those updates; they look great! The Rangers' white socks need updating to match the striping too, though, and maybe the Blue Jackets would look *even* even better with their current number/name font.

Thanks!  Here are the two Capitals revisions...

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets concept does work much better with their current numbers...

spacer.png

And lastly the Rangers with the correct socks (I too noticed the socks were wrong, but not until after I had posted it)...

spacer.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• StevenGrant94 changed the title to NHL Double Series (final updates)

To conclude this series, I've made some (mostly minor) updates for five of the concepts.

My Ideal Buffalo Sabres

spacer.png

I originally had the hem stripes on the road jersey matching the sleeve stripes, but I decided to switch to mis-matched stripes (like the Sabres current jerseys).  I also used the updated version of their logo.

(original concept)

My Ideal Carolina Hurricanes

spacer.png

Updates here include; removing the pant stripe, ditching the red yoke on the road jersey, and switching to red numbers on that jersey as well.

(original concept)

New Look Colorado Avalanche

spacer.png

I was never entirely happy with my New Look Avalanche concept, especially the way it used black throughout the design.  So like the Avalanche did in real life, I ditched black all-together (besides the puck in the logo).  I also thickened the trim along the hem and cuffs, and added a pant stripe.

(original concept)

My Ideal Los Angeles Kings

spacer.png

It's a pretty minor change, but the piping no longer has a tapered end (it originally tapered away before the collars).

(original concept)

My Ideal Vancouver Canucks

spacer.png

Now that the Abbotsford Canucks have adopted Johnny Canuck as their logo, I've updated this concept to use the Canucks modern stick-in-the-rink logo (I recoloured it on the road jersey).

(original concept)

Here's a look at all 64 concepts from this series, one division at a time...

Pacific Division

spacer.png

Central Division

spacer.png

Atlantic Division

spacer.png

Metropolitan Division

spacer.png

You may or may not have noticed, but all 10 teams that were originally on the Reebok Edge template have been updated to the Adidas Adizero template (including four of the concepts featured above).

That's a wrap for this series, thanks for following along!

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Archived