Your Favourite NHL 90s Styles Are Back! (SJ Added, 6/16)

ldconcepts

So. I've decided to start my second active series on the boards. I've had this idea in my head for a while, but I acted on it, in time for the upcoming HJC Open. I hope to get some feedback on this to eventually send this in as my entry.

LOS ANGELES KINGS

Los%20Angeles%20Kings-%20Your%20Favourit

This logo, infamously called the Burger King, was designed by Ken Loh for the NHL's pilot third jersey program in 1995. I don't think it was/is a bad logo, but suffered from bad colour choices and horrendous jersey experimentation went wrong. Right away, I decided to nix the gold in favour of silver. I completely redid the jersey design, adding side panels for a modern touch, because that was the purpose of the original. I also ditched the name and number font for a still modern, but fitting block type.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I always thought that logo got shafted by the jerseys it was on.

The jerseys now are a huge improvement, as anything is over the original, but it's still not the best. I'm also not sure how Kings fans would react, seeing how similar this is to the Ducks' jerseys.

Also, one of the reasons that logo was hated so much is because of the purple beard. I'd change it, but then again, there's not really another good way to work purple into the logo.

I can't wait to see what comes up next!

5 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I always thought that logo got shafted by the jerseys it was on.

The jerseys now are a huge improvement, as anything is over the original, but it's still not the best. I'm also not sure how Kings fans would react, seeing how similar this is to the Ducks' jerseys.

Also, one of the reasons that logo was hated so much is because of the purple beard. I'd change it, but then again, there's not really another good way to work purple into the logo.

I can't wait to see what comes up next!

Ducks? Oh, now I see it...

Nyzv9xS.png

This thread is back! Now under the name of "Your Favourite 90s Styles Are Back," where I'll post concepts time to time with loud themes, essentially bringing back the 90s era.

Next Up:

SAN JOSE SHARKSSan%20Jose%2090s%20Concept_zpsyqaz8dx6.p

I had this idea with a mistake on Paint.net where I tried to change the shade of black of one of the Sharks' many alternate logos, but forgot to adjust the tolerance, thus filling in the teal as well. This mimics San Jose's original shark logo. I put fin-like "stripes" on the arms, and put highlights of teal all over the jersey.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived