Crestwell Football Union - Cities: Skylines Soccer Clubs +Hayden

XenonDesigns

Recently, I've been playing a lot of Cities: Skylines and I created a city called Crestwell. Naturally I had to place a few stadiums down and from there I had to make some clubs. While I expand the city I will create more teams for those new regions. This is just a small little project so I'll probably do about 7-10 clubs.

Map so far

vvv1.png

Cedar Coast

CEDAR.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 5.19.00 PM.png

Gilworth United

gil.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 5.23.16 PM.png

AFC Crestwell (City)

crest.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 5.20.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 5.21.03 PM.png

EDIT: Just realized I forgot the shadows for some of the kits above, I'll change that soon.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

This is a really cool idea. I don't know if you have thought about this, but is there a history for each team, what league do they play in (if one), etc.? Good job on the kits as well. I especially like the AFC Crestwell crest. 

Quick update: Added shadows to kits that lacked and added some backstory. 

City Backstory:

During the expansion of Anderlynn (Formerly Taurun), the British sent explorers Kentway and Anton to the west coast to find new land to colonize. The duo and party finally reached the ocean by Cedar Bay and established a trade post in 1760. In 1789 the trading post expanded into a town and by 1796 a road connected it to the other cities created a faster land route. In 1866 a fire was ignited after a large party went south from long curtains being lit from a large fireplace. The fire was devastating but it opened up new land for industrialization. Today, Crestwell is one of the largest football crazy towns in the country with a population of about 700,000. 

League Backstory:

The clubs that call Crestwell their home all belong to the Monarch FA and most play in League 1 or 2. As well as playing in their league games, the clubs come together and play in a league of their own known as the Crestwell Football Union. This tradition has been going on since the 1980s and many non-football fans do not like the separation it creates throughout the city.

new1.png

AFC Crestwell has been playing in the heart of the city since 1934. The logo uses fire as an icon to represent the recovery after the Great Fire of 1866 and the star is what guided explorers Anton and Kentway to the bay. The star is a common symbol in the region. As for the club, they've spent most of their time in League 2 and have never broken into the Premier League. In Union play, they're the most successful club with 11 titles. They hold the record for the most consecutive Union championships with 3 (twice). Their most recent championship came in 2012. 

new2.png

Cedar Coast is one of the most nice urban neighborhoods you can get and many rivals tease them for that fact. The club has most commonly been stuck in League 2 and often drops to the Lower Tiers. In the Union League, CCFC has won 6 titles including one in 2015. 

new3.png

Gilworth United often uses the fact that they're the only club from Crestwell to make the Premier League as taunts to others, although that happened in 1985. Gilworth is in between downtown Crestwell and Cedar Coast and contains many tourist savvy areas like the Expo Center and Arena as well as many small parks. Because a large portion of Gilworth was actually conservation land, the original owners had to use green for the club's colors. Overall they've lifted the Union silverware 4 times and are always competing for more. 

Up next is Hayden FC

Hayden

Hayden was once a low-class dirty neighborhood just north of downtown in the early 1800-1900s made up of miners and laborers but eventually as the city began to boom, the area was cleaned up. Today many citizens still hold ties to ancestors that would work dawn to dusk and the area still expresses this notion of hard work. The club has won 4 Union championships with their most recent one coming in 2003. Hayden often spends most time in the lower tiers with fluctuating periods of success. 

Untitled 3.png

it might be a while until the next teams because I have to finish building the city.

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 5.23.42 PM.png

Archived