Iceland Soccer Concept

Jake88

I created this logo before Iceland's elimination from Euro 2016, but I forgot to post it, and no time like the present right? Anyway, my logo is based (like the current Islandic crest) on the KSÍ acronym, and includes the flag striping like the current. I guess the only thing I didn't include is the ball, but being a national soccer team in Europe I think its pretty self explanatory.

The kits are also pretty simple, seeing that for the most part Nike's new template isn't that flexible, I tried to emulate that style.

KSI%2BKit.png

As always any comments are appreciated!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I would lighten the blue, the blue that Iceland use is more of a royal blue, and then change from Nike to Errea because thats who actually makes Icelands kits. I think the logo needs some work, because right now I don't think the shape works it kinda looks like a drop pin on a gps map

Just now, Aggie12 said:

I would lighten the blue, the blue that Iceland use is more of a royal blue, and then change from Nike to Errea because thats who actually makes Icelands kits. I think the logo needs some work, because right now I don't think the shape works it kinda looks like a drop pin on a gps map

I changed the colors because Iceand's flag is navy blue not royal blue like the team currently use. I changed the manufacturer to Nike because there were rumors even before they stepped on the pitch at Euros they'd get a new kit manufacturer due to Errea being barely known, and especially after what they did this year a new kit contract is certainly likely and I'd doubt its with a small company. Finally the crest has real life basis with teams like ACF Fiorentina, and if you don't like the shape what do you suggest?

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Honestly I don't know what rumors you have heard, but I think to be more realistic you should switch to Errea who did a great job with the kits. They probably won't get nike because they probably don't want nike who would probably do a worse job than Errea. And for the shape of the crest, just because Florentine have a crest in a similar shape, does not justify or explain your reasoning for the tear drop shape crest you gave Iceland. I would suggest a circle crest, shield like or even something more square.

21 minutes ago, Aggie12 said:

Honestly I don't know what rumors you have heard, but I think to be more realistic you should switch to Errea who did a great job with the kits. They probably won't get nike because they probably don't want nike who would probably do a worse job than Errea. And for the shape of the crest, just because Florentine have a crest in a similar shape, does not justify or explain your reasoning for the tear drop shape crest you gave Iceland. I would suggest a circle crest, shield like or even something more square.

In my research I found an article where they said that they might go with a bigger manufacturer, but I can't find it now, though I did find an article wear it states that the contract between the Errea and Iceland extends to 2020 so it might be a stretch to go with Nike, but its still only a concept (like Wolff's who also used Nike as his manufacturer) and I'd rather focus on the logos anyways. Speaking of which I can try a roundel, or a shield but I still don't see the downside of a teardrop crest, its unique as far as national teams go and shields and roundels are pretty common. And I had seen Wolff's concepts many times throughout my research, and imo his first logo looks outdated, and though I really like the second logo it wasn't for the Islandic national team but rather for a twitter account that reports on "Islandic Football".

I did try the blue idea you suggested since it seems Icelands flag isn't as navy as I thought.

g7935.png 

The left side shows the shade of blue found on Wikipedia's rendering of Icelands flag

The center shows the shade found in the second Wolff concept

The right side shows my navy blue

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I would go with royal blue. it looks better, and as for the crest shape, it just helps to have some reasoning and idea behind the shape, if you can't tell us why you chose that shape, or your only answer is that it looks good or cool, then you should rethink the shape. 

4 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I would go with royal blue. it looks better, and as for the crest shape, it just helps to have some reasoning and idea behind the shape, if you can't tell us why you chose that shape, or your only answer is that it looks good or cool, then you should rethink the shape. 

Its a concept man the entire point is to push the boundaries. I do agree that Royal Blue looks better but the shape is cool, this is a small nation that barley put a blimp on the soccer map until this years Euros. I think they would look cool with an oddly shaped unique logo. Good work Jake88 I like it. 

VWSqUJp.png9GfZbEP.pngPFHWZkI.png

6 minutes ago, MontyK17 said:

Its a concept man the entire point is to push the boundaries. I do agree that Royal Blue looks better but the shape is cool, this is a small nation that barley put a blimp on the soccer map until this years Euros. I think they would look cool with an oddly shaped unique logo. Good work Jake88 I like it. 

I'm just trying to help. If you can't explain why something is shaped or made a certain way than it needs more work, and also if the other only defense is "it's a concept" then that also means there hasn't been enough work done. Sorry that I'm being real but that's the truth

Here are the kits in royal blue which I agree look better;

Knattspyrnusamband%2B%25C3%258Dslands%2B

About the crest; Personally I like it the way it is, but that doesn't mean I won't change it, I just don't think that having no "meaning" behind the shape is grounds to rethink the entire crest. I originally made the crest like that because I wanted to feature a monogram as well as another symbol from Iceland, which happened to be the flag. The teardrop shape is what I decided to combine the two in. You can't include the two objects as easily in a roundel or as effectively in a classic shield. Again not opposed to changing it, just the whole argument that you have to have "meaning" behind every thing isn't that good, and if you can do it, its really cool but not every logo is gonna be like that, especially simple ones.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Archived