Dynamic Lights Design New Logo

TrueNorth13

After essentially starting my love of graphic design on this site, I've had quite the number of opportunities to create logos, both business and sports, for various people over the last year. With these developments, I've had to come up with a new business/personal name and logo. I would love people's opinions on my brand new logo. I'm not posting it to change anything, more to just get people's opinions on it. 

My new name is now Dynamic Lights Design. It was originally TJK Designs, to coincide with my name. But at the moment I'm at right now, I thought it would be a good time to come up with a name that meant more to me. The Dynamic part of the name comes from the albatross. The albatross has a special meaning to me from experiences in my life. It's also a good word for the dynamic part of design. The light part of the name is also very meaningful to me. The lightbulb can also represent the many ideas I have in my design work. 

YiqUk8b.png

Along with my main business/personal logo, I decided to branch it off with 2 other variations of my name and logo. I have Dynamic Lights Concepts, for the concept work I do, mostly on this site. I also have Dynamic Lights TK 97, which is only for personal projects I create for myself or friends and family.

eMPIjGW.png

0OxUiZK.png

And of course, I had to make a roundel logo, for all those times a roundel logo is needed. And I just love making them haha.

bDyEiJD.png

So I'd love to know what people think of the direction I went in. Also, if anyone wants to know what my old logo looked like, just ask and I'll post it.

There are a few lines around the lower wing and neck that could be smoothened out more. It's subtle, but at the same time you're going to want this to be as clean as possible if you intend to use it to promote your work. The TK97 in the light bulb is not that legible. I thought it said T9C or something along those lines. I would also suggest having the albatross take up more space if possible, especially in the roundel where it occupies less than 10% of the total area.

47 minutes ago, jaha32 said:

There are a few lines around the lower wing and neck that could be smoothened out more. It's subtle, but at the same time you're going to want this to be as clean as possible if you intend to use it to promote your work. The TK97 in the light bulb is not that legible. I thought it said T9C or something along those lines. I would also suggest having the albatross take up more space if possible, especially in the roundel where it occupies less than 10% of the total area.

With the roundel logo, it's not something I'm using often. I just made it mostly because I love roundel logos. But I can't agree with your suggestion. The light bulb has just as much to do with my business and name as the albatross. The albatross isn't the main focus. The light bulb and the albatross are both together the focus. We will both have our opinions. I should thank you for your C&C. It's much appreciated. But I have my reasons for everything I do in my work. Including logos that I won't really use. Thanks for the C&C again though. I'd rather you give your opinion than not. It will help me in the future

Archived