MLB Changes Using iVinci & Paint

wat11

So I had started another thread like this using Mizuno's custom jersey site and Richardson Hat's site. I was pretty close to finishing the American League but I felt the site kind of limited me to different design options. I also wanted to include pants and socks with my ideas so I found a template online. I'm kind of going back and forth between paint and iVinci (which I'm still learning to use). 

As with my previous thread I'm going to add two expansion teams, making 8 divisions of 4 teams each. My expansion teams are going to be the Expos and the Portland Loggers. I will also have Tampa relocating to Charlotte and taking the name of the minor league Carolina Mud Cats (I will be changing the colors).  

To create the divisions, I found this map online, and made some changes to include the 3 new teams, my divisions will be as follows

NL EAST                          NL NORTH                           NL SOUTH                                     NL WEST

New York Mets                 Milwaukee Brewers              Washington Nationals                    San Francisco Giants

Montreal Expos                St Louis Cardinals                Carolina Mud Cats                         LA Dodgers

Philadelphia Phillies         Cincinnati Reds                     Miami Marlins                                San Deigo Padres

Pittsburgh Pirates            Chicago Cubs                        Atlanta Braves                               Arizona Diamondbacks

AL EAST                          AL NORTH                            AL SOUTH                                     AL WEST

New York Yankees           Detroit Tigers                        Texas Rangers                                California Angels 

Boston Red Sox               Cleveland Indians                 Houston Astros                              Oakland A's

Toronto Blue Jays            Chicago White Sox               Kansas City Royals                        Portland Loggers

Baltimore Orioles              Minnesota Twins                  Colorado Rockies                          Seattle Mariners

mlb map.png

NL EAST

New York Mets (Edited)

I think this new template turns out a lot cleaner. Hopefully the colors are a little better. As far as the road alts, I think they could work with white pants as a home alt. I may come back and do that but for now, these are my changes. Let me know what you think!

Mets Road.png

Mets Road Alt.png

Mets Home.png

38 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

I agree, your template could use some work. I like the retro stripes on the Mets. If the numbers had an orange outline, they would be as close to perfect as they can get.

I think I found a template that will be a little bit cleaner. I'm going to go back and try to fix them. 

38 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

I agree, your template could use some work. I like the retro stripes on the Mets. If the numbers had an orange outline, they would be as close to perfect as they can get.

The template looks like it's designed for Bartolo Colón, and I agree with what cjm3114jr says above. If also extend the striping to the pants. Also, your colors look off; the blue is too bright and the orange is too red. I would find the Mets actual colors and go from there. 

Philadelphia Phillies

I wanted to go back to the maroon that they used in the 80s. I feel like the lighter red and blue are kind of over used in MLB. I didn't want to use the powder blue pants, but tried to incorporate it into their jerseys. I had to use a different template on the home uniforms because of the pinstripes. C&C appreciated!

Phillies Home.png

Phillies Road.png

Phillies Home Alt.png

Phillies Road Alt.png

Pittsburgh Pirates

Nothing too crazy here... I used the old script on the road jersey and tried to reverse the colors to match the numbers, but it didn't turn out very clean. Let me know what you think!

Pirates Home.png

Pirates Road.png

Pirates Home Alt.png

Pirates Road Alt.png

As a Phillies Fan I can say I'm not a fan of that set.  Firstly the burgandy is too dark, it just looks brown.  Also the P is inconsistent choose one don't use both, and the racing stripes just don't make sense in this context.  The light blue is too bright and feels out of place, it really wasn't a color used by the team outside of the road uniform in the 70s and 80s, so if you were to use it then keep it there and commit to it, it does not look good on the grey pants.  Back to an earlier point, If your going to use the 80s P then get rid of the script on the jersey and use a cleaned up/modernized version of that uniform or if your gonna use the modern script, then brighten up the colors and clean up the jersey in a similar way.  Make a choice in which your gonna use.  Drop the alternates they don't look particularly good.  Looking at the road uniform I see something that's really close to looking really good, if you used a slightly lighter Burgandy and white scheme (drop the blue) and kept the today Phillies script (stars burgandy not powder blue) with a burgandy hat with white P (matching the script) and make the piping consistent (white-burgandy-white with the same thickness in the pants and arms).  If you want to use the powder blue make it a road alternate but don't use the grey pants go full blue, but lighten it so it's less bright.  Also put white and burgandy liberty bells of the socks.

the Pirates away script is okay but the block Pittsburgh one similar to that of the early 1900s works better IMO if it's updated and a number in the bottom left would work well there.  Switch the P and # on the black alternate and make the piping consistent between the pants and arms.

29uxdh0.png

10 hours ago, RCMacc said:

As a Phillies Fan I can say I'm not a fan of that set.  Firstly the burgandy is too dark, it just looks brown.  Also the P is inconsistent choose one don't use both, and the racing stripes just don't make sense in this context.  The light blue is too bright and feels out of place, it really wasn't a color used by the team outside of the road uniform in the 70s and 80s, so if you were to use it then keep it there and commit to it, it does not look good on the grey pants.  Back to an earlier point, If your going to use the 80s P then get rid of the script on the jersey and use a cleaned up/modernized version of that uniform or if your gonna use the modern script, then brighten up the colors and clean up the jersey in a similar way.  Make a choice in which your gonna use.  Drop the alternates they don't look particularly good.  Looking at the road uniform I see something that's really close to looking really good, if you used a slightly lighter Burgandy and white scheme (drop the blue) and kept the today Phillies script (stars burgandy not powder blue) with a burgandy hat with white P (matching the script) and make the piping consistent (white-burgandy-white with the same thickness in the pants and arms).  If you want to use the powder blue make it a road alternate but don't use the grey pants go full blue, but lighten it so it's less bright.  Also put white and burgandy liberty bells of the socks.

the Pirates away script is okay but the block Pittsburgh one similar to that of the early 1900s works better IMO if it's updated and a number in the bottom left would work well there.  Switch the P and # on the black alternate and make the piping consistent between the pants and arms.

I went back and made some of the changes you suggested. First, I tried to lighten up the maroon a little bit (to me it still looks a little dark when I upload the pictures). I used the newer "P" hat logo to match the script. I dropped the blue completely. I kept the home alt as that was one I originally liked, but used the "P" logo on this one instead. Hopefully this fixed some of the problems with the first attempt. 

Phillies Home.png

Phillies Road.png

Phillies Home Alt.png

27 minutes ago, wat11 said:

I went back and made some of the changes you suggested. First, I tried to lighten up the maroon a little bit (to me it still looks a little dark when I upload the pictures). I used the newer "P" hat logo to match the script. I dropped the blue completely. I kept the home alt as that was one I originally liked, but used the "P" logo on this one instead. Hopefully this fixed some of the problems with the first attempt. 

Phillies Home.png

Phillies Road.png

Phillies Home Alt.png

All three of those templates are different!Why?The home just looks like it's a kids jersey.

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

5 hours ago, Yayay124yay said:

All three of those templates are different!Why?The home just looks like it's a kids jersey.

Theres 3 different templates I'm using. The first already has pinstripes on it, the second is just a regular button down, and the third is a two button pullover. 

Montreal Expos

Thinking of adding a red road alt later... I'm not sure why my colors are turning out so dark, I'm using the exact color from the logos on this site... If anyone knows about that I would appreciate the help!

Expos Home.png

Expos Road.png

Expos Home Alt.png

I'm going to keep going here with what would be the NL North

Milwaukee Brewers

My hometown Brewers have quite the identity crisis. I've seen a lot of good concepts on the the boards. I was tempted to use the Navy and Green of the mid 90's, but I think I am in the minority of people who liked those uniforms. Im not so sure about the blue alts, I'll probably try something new with those.  

Brewers Home.png

Brewers Road.png

Brewers Home Alt.png

On July 21, 2016 at 7:10 PM, wat11 said:

So I had startedarrow-10x10.png another thread like this using Mizuno's custom jersey site and Richardson Hat's site. I was pretty close to finishing the American League but I felt the site kind of limited me to different design options. I also wanted to include pants and socks with my ideas so I found a template onlinearrow-10x10.png. I'm kind of going back and forth between paint and iVinci (which I'm still learningarrow-10x10.png to use). 

As with my previous thread I'm going to add two expansion teams, making 8 divisions of 4 teams each. My expansion teams are going to be the Expos and the Portland Loggers. I will also have Tampa relocating to Charlotte and taking the name of the minor league Carolina Mud Cats (I will be changing the colors).  

To createarrow-10x10.png the divisions, I found this map online, and made some changes to include the 3 new teams, my divisions will be as follows

NL EAST                          NL NORTH                           NL SOUTH                                     NL WEST

New York Mets                 Milwaukee Brewers              Washington Nationalsarrow-10x10.png                    San Francisco Giants

Montreal Expos                St Louis Cardinals                Carolina Mud Cats                         LA Dodgers

Philadelphia Phillies         Cincinnati Reds                     Miami Marlins                                San Deigo Padres

Pittsburgh Pirates            Chicago Cubs                        Atlanta Braves                               Arizona Diamondbacks

AL EAST                          AL NORTH                            AL SOUTH                                     AL WEST

New York Yankees           Detroit Tigers                        Texas Rangers                                California Angels 

Boston Red Sox               Cleveland Indians                 Houston Astros                              Oakland A's

Toronto Blue Jays            Chicago White Sox               Kansas City Royals                        Portland Loggers

Baltimore Orioles              Minnesota Twins                  Colorado Rockies                          Seattle Mariners

mlb map.png

How I learned iVinci easily, is just make 2 different colored circles/rectangles, go into the "Edit", "Modify" and "Arrange" menus and try every tool on them, it gives you a feel for what they do

I'm also looking for some help creating a couple logos and a script or two. I have some ideas that I have played around with on paint, but I can't get them to turn out very well. If anyone would be willing to help me out please let me know!

Archived