My concepts

YYCB

On 7/28/2016 at 4:12 PM, brycew8 said:

Heard that the name "Scorpions" might be in the mix for the new Vegas team so thought I'd do up a quick design.

hm.jpg

rd.jpg

I was wondering where you got this template, if you can tell me where it's from it would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, jlevesque said:

I was wondering where you got this templatearrow-10x10.png, if you can tell me where it's from it would be greatly appreciated.

There's a bunch of templates at Mockup Arena. I believe it's on there.

Hate to rain on your parade, but the owner is going to get his way and name the team the Black Knights. He was an Army Ranger.   This will be like when Jerry Colangelo had the fans vote on a name for the new baseball team, Scorpions won, and he still called the team the Diamondbacks. I always thought a hat with a scorpion on it instead of a "A" or "S" would have been sweet. Also these colors you picked are too Arizona looking with copper and turquoise. I think I heard their colors are going to be black and red.

And lastly, when I was in Vegas recently (I'm here monthly for work) they were discussing that the team needed to be called Las Vegas and not Nevada. I guess the owner suggested Nevada. The reason for Las Vegas is the uniforms need "Las Vegas" on them so the tourists visiting would buy these in huge numbers. Another reason "Aces" was the preferred name by fans. 

On 7/31/2016 at 10:35 AM, RickAZ said:

Hate to rain on your parade, but the owner is going to get his way and name the team the Black Knights. He was an Army Ranger.   This will be like when Jerry Colangelo had the fans vote on a name for the new baseball team, Scorpions won, and he still called the team the Diamondbacks. I always thought a hat with a scorpion on it instead of a "A" or "S" would have been sweet. Also these colors you picked are too Arizona looking with copper and turquoise. I think I heard their colors are going to be black and red.

And lastly, when I was in Vegas recently (I'm here monthly for work) they were discussing that the team needed to be called Las Vegas and not Nevada. I guess the owner suggested Nevada. The reason for Las Vegas is the uniforms need "Las Vegas" on them so the tourists visiting would buy these in huge numbers. Another reason "Aces" was the preferred name by fans. 

You have a lot of outdated or bad info. 

I haven't seen any indications Foley was ever a Ranger. He did graduate from the US Army Military Academy, which is why he wanted Black Knights, a name he has insinuated he can't use, due to trademarking roadblocks.

Foley has always indicated that the team would be named for Vegas, not the state, in general. The colors he has stated he wants to use are black, gold and grey. 

Most of the locals who prefer Aces, want it to be a military aviation tie-in. The subtle nod to gaming is a plus, but most locals would prefer to avoid a blatand gambling name for their hockey team. 

If anything, Scorpions has a better shot now than it did 6 months ago.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived