F1 Liveries by Raysox

raysox

Finally had some time to play around with this F1 template I have. Just wanted to make some livery concepts for teams who really don't look their best currently.

First is Force India. They used to have a bold memorable orange and white look, but has since been grey scaled out. I wanted to make orange more prominent, then add an accent of a puke green to throw in a bright color to separate the two main colors.

ForceIndia-01.png

Second is McLaren. It's a mix of current and classic. Gun metal grey with the red stripes that the Marlboro sponsorship in the 80s and 90s rocked. I feel like it's a classic look that the team can rock because it's simple enough to be replicated. I made chrome stripes to separate, and chrome decals on the black, including the boomerang shapes they have now.

McLaren-01.png

Lastly, the one I did for Toro Rosso. I HATE how similar they look to their parent team. I wanted to go to a different Red Bull brand, so I did some light blue that the sugar free cans have. I moved the bull to the wing, which isn't where it is on Red Bull.

ToroRosso-01.png

Those are the 3 that were screaming for some concepts in my mind, but I might do more!

Great to see an F1 thread. I hope you do post more concepts.

• Giving orange and green more prominence is defintely the right way to go with Force India. It's a unique scheme and is synonymous with their brand. Their recent looks have shied away from that.
  • For McLaren I'd be interested to see how it looks if the logos on the red parts were in chrome too. Maybe it would be overkill though. Not really any critiques otherwise.
  • I personally don't mind the similarities between Red Bull and Toro Rosso but I think you've had a good idea to use the Toro Rosso car to promote another product in the Red Bull brand. I do kind of miss the angrier/musclier version of the bull that Toro Rosso use though.

What are the chances of this eventually leading to modding a PC game? I've enjoyed seeing your past concepts be realized in NASCAR and Footy Manager for example.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

8 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

where can I find link to this template in psd

I will send you a PM - and anyone else after it should PM me too. Keep this thread clear for Raysox's concepts. The source image I used to make my template from is all over the internet though. Making your own templates is fun and a useful skill to have.

On 09/10/2016 at 5:37 PM, raysox said:

Thanks! Went back and looked at your concepts after I posted these, Marble. In terms of modding f1, I don't even know where I could begin with that. I've seen F1 2014 modded with 2016 livery concepts before, but don't really have a way to do it.

Yeah I noticed a like on my McLaren concept and thought it was really random until I saw this thread haha.

I'm very familiar with that video and YouTube channel. He was invited by Codemasters to help develop/give input on the F1 2016 game that came out recently and made some videos about it. I have noticed some people using PC mods on this year's game but I'm not expecting you to do the same. Was just trying to influence you slightly haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Had these two on my list after thinking about it after posting my last set of 3. So here are two more!

Haas F1 - So with the ties to Ferrari, I think a red livery would be nice. They've sort of carved their own market with white and gun metal, but I decided to make this look a lot more sinister. Not too many sponsors, so I used the team and company logo several times. Finally, to remind everyone that they're american, I put a flag on the side wing.

Haas-01.png

Sauber F1 - I remember when Sauber released their royal blue livery. It was so different than everyone else's that it shot to the top of my list. After being generally awful, and teaming up with Arial Bold, the look is stale. Since Ericcson and Nasr both are from countries with blue and bright yellow, I wanted to make a statement. I did lightning bolts on the body and a yellow strip on the side pod. It ties in with the Banco do Brasil sponsor, which would become more prominent.

Sauber-01.png

Also I'm so mad at my McLaren livery now, because it's essentially the same Marussia had in like 2011.

timo-mgp1.jpg

6 hours ago, raysox said:

Haas F1 - So with the ties to Ferrari, I think a red livery would be nice. They've sort of carved their own market with white and gun metal...

Pretty much my thoughts too. I originally thought more red to acknowledge the Ferrari link would be better but as the season has gone on, their actual look has grown on me significantly and I think it would seem weird if they changed it much for next season.

6 hours ago, raysox said:

Also I'm so mad at my McLaren livery now, because it's essentially the same Marussia had in like 2011.

Not too different to what happened with the real McLaren liveries to be honest. They went to a lot of effort producing the chrome and red livery used 2007 onwards only for bottom of the grid teams like Hispania, Virgin and Marussia (as you point out) to produce schemes which looked similar at first glance.

Archived