San Jose Sharks - concept

Oh, great. Rip off those early 1950's Blackhawk sweaters, aren't we? CAN'T WE BE MORE ORIGINAL AROUND HERE???

Paging PuckGuy14. Paging IronChefShark.

Paging PuckGuy14. Paging IronChefShark.

*muttering under his breath* Oy, Gevault!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Oh, great. Rip off those early 1950's Blackhawk sweaters, aren't we? CAN'T WE BE MORE ORIGINAL AROUND HERE???

i think i'll read over the postive things that are posted around here rather than this kinda stuff.

designing is a creative process that INVOLVES IDEAS & CONCEPTS thrown around by others - its not a blatant copy of ANY one design - i do this stuff for one reason - enjoyment.

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

"Oh, great.  Rip off those early 1950's Blackhawk sweaters, aren't we?  CAN'T WE BE MORE ORIGINAL AROUND HERE???"

"I think I'll read over the postive things that are posted around here rather than this kinda stuff.

"Designing is a creative process that INVOLVES IDEAS & CONCEPTS thrown around by others - its not a blatant copy of ANY one design - I do this stuff for one reason - enjoyment."

~k

Look, the point is if you want to make a "retro" jersey for a team that has been playing since 1990, you should strive for something that is more original rather than ripping-off a classic design used by someone else. I know we all are here to share our comments and ideas, but coming from the city of one of the Blackhawks' rivals of which you live in, Detroit, coudn't you think something better up?

Now that I have this rant off my chest, I'm sorry for the overblown sarcastic remark.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Look, the point is if you want to make a "retro" jersey for a team that has been playing since 1990, you should strive for something that is more original rather than ripping-off a classic design used by someone else. I know we all are here to share our comments and ideas, but coming from the city of one of the Blackhawks' rivals of which you live in, Detroit, coudn't you think something better up?

Now that I have this rant off my chest, I'm sorry for the overblown sarcastic remark.

Dude, if he thinks it looks cool, that's all that matters. I personally like the idea, but I'm not so sure about the use of the striping on the black jersey, but I'm not gonna tell the guy that he isn't being original. There is always a point when a designer is starting that they'll look at other jerseys and think that they want to emulate that look. It's how the process works, you should see some of my earlier work. Speaking of work, I'd love to see some of yours James.

Abbey

P.S. Squire, I'm loving the concept, but you might want to alter the striping a bit on the black jersey, It looks a bit odd. But that's just me :P Great work, overall I'd give you a B+, fix the striping and we'll talk about an A ^_^

Abbey.jpg

Look, the point is if you want to make a "retro" jersey for a team that has been playing since 1990, you should strive for something that is more original rather than ripping-off a classic design used by someone else.

just because a team has been in the league for only 15 years, it shouldn't limit someone to only use ideas that are contemporary.

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

The teal jersey is alright, it needs something more to it. The black one is eh. I gotta agree with some of the guys, while a retro jersey is cool, the team has been around since 1991-92, so can't really retro it just yet. I'll give it a thumbs up for a concept, but I wouldn't want Team Teal to hit the ice with it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Teal one is too Boston Bruins with the full shoulder sleeve trim, Bruins should have stuck with 80s design.

I love the BlackHacks type striping, it is vintage.

I'm sure playing with the number of stripes, width and placement could get you out of the dug out.

Just kleep in mind that 2 of our most "dilligent" designers on this board are Sharks' fans.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived