Blues 50th Anniversary Mini-Series

Discrim

I'd meant to start this series last week...some douchebag dumping yard waste behind the garage can be "thanked" for the delay.  In any event, the wait is over, and the Blues come marching in.  Once again, the Sharks step in to take the Seals' place.  Blues' striping style is that of their original white jerseys (but throwing navy in the mix), while the Sharks' striping is from the Seals' second white jersey, complete with shoulder numbers.

blues50th60s.png

70s Night's opponent will be the Blackhawks, WitH A twist you might like.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

nice clean uni's for the blues. I despise that alternate logo - that's my personal beef, among many others blues fans. I'd love to see it with just the note as the main logo. 

the collar sort of disappears, have you tried other colors?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Steelman said:

Your mini-series are always awesome and creative!

Thanks, man.

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:38 PM, worcat said:

nice clean uni's for the blues. I despise that alternate logo - that's my personal beef, among many others blues fans. I'd love to see it with just the note as the main logo. 

the collar sort of disappears, have you tried other colors?

In hindsight, yeah, I should've made the collar gold.  I might post a version with just the note later.

Anyway, I know one thing, I hate when I accidentally save one concept over another...and sadly, that wound up happening to the Penguins' 70s Night SVG file :(   True, there's nothing I couldn't redo, but still.  Anyway, here goes Blues 70s Night vs. the Chicago Cougars Blackhawks

blues50th70s.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Since I'm not sure when I'll finish the remaining sets, I'll post 80s Night now.  In this case, given it'd be there in any case, I figured I may as well incorporate the anniversary note.  I was considering using the original blue note here, but will push its use to either the 90s or 2000s uniform.  As you can see, the opposing Flames are in a gold version of their old whites.

blues50th80s.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

Since I'm not sure when I'll finish the remaining sets, I'll post 80s Night now.  In this case, given it'd be there in any case, I figured I may as well incorporate the anniversary note.  I was considering using the original blue note here, but will push its use to either the 90s or 2000s uniform.  As you can see, the opposing Flames are in a gold version of their old whites.

blues50th80s.png

this is a love/hate for me.

numbers in navy? seems like too much yellow

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

21 hours ago, worcat said:

this is a love/hate for me.

numbers in navy? seems like too much yellow

Well, what I took into consideration was that every single blue Blues jersey except the arch jersey has had gold numbers.

In any event, 90s Night is here, and I hadn't mentioned the opponent because I wanted it to be a surprise.  As it turned out, I decided to do my part for the environment and recycle :P  for the Blues, the note used here is the original version.  The opponent is the Ducks, where I give the people what they want: orange Wildwing.

blues50th90s.png

On deck: 2000s Night and a likely test of the 60s Night jersey with different crests.

2016cubscreamsig.png

90's look great. I oddly am loving the Ducks.

33 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

On deck: 2000s Night and a likely test of the 60s Night jersey with different crests.

I just had a realization: for the Sharks, since they are emulating the Seals, you could just have the Seals-type script saying "Sharks."

55 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Well, what I took into consideration was that every single blue Blues jersey except the arch jersey has had gold numbers.

In any event, 90s Night is here, and I hadn't mentioned the opponent because I wanted it to be a surprise.  As it turned out, I decided to do my part for the environment and recycle :P  for the Blues, the note used here is the original version.  The opponent is the Ducks, where I give the people what they want: orange Wildwing.

blues50th90s.png

Navy pants and I would have lost my ISH! DAAAAAAAMN! Take my money.

*I'm ok that you didn't use 90's style numbers but that'd make this 10000000000x better if you did.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 7:15 PM, ahowe6464 said:

90's look great. I oddly am loving the Ducks.

I just had a realization: for the Sharks, since they are emulating the Seals, you could just have the Seals-type script saying "Sharks."

What I meant by that is I'm gonna post two variants of the Blues jersey...one with the current note and I'm thinking of using the 90s alternate horn for the other version.

Don't worry about the Sharks though...they shall emulate the Golden Seals one more time, in the North Stars & Seals anniversary series, the only one that'll rotate hosts: the Stars (as themselves, naturally), Wild (as the North Stars and Fighting Saints), Sharks (as the Seals...which means one more appearance for the Seals-style script seen in the Kings series is in the works) and Blue Jackets (as the Barons) will all get some burn.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I didn't forget about this thread...you can guess my reasons.  Anyways, 2K Night is here as they of the Bluenote wage war with the Canucks.  Yes, I went there with the gradient.

blues50th2k.png?ssitoken_1477625848726_

2016cubscreamsig.png

And as a bonus...I finally get to a bonus set after deciding not to for the Kings, and intending to but not following through for the Pens: tweaked version of the Blues' 60s Night jersey...one with the current note, the other with the old horn shoulder logo as the crest.  Both now have gold collars.

blues50th60s2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived