70 Day Challenge – Sports Logo Redesign

joob

Sports has been a part of my life since the beginning. One of my biggest interests in design is sports identities. When I was young I was often drawing a team logo, colouring in a jersey or creating my own versions. In mid–2016 I took on a 70 day challenge for a project I was doing in school. I knew this would be tough to handle so I decided the make it more suitable to my interest. The goal of this challenge was to redesign an existing sports logo every day for 70 days. Each logo redesign involved preliminary research about the team/city, sketching out all my ideas on paper, executing a digital version through Illustrator. I ended up creating a booklet with small rationales for my thinking, design choices and overall thoughts on the project. Sportslogos.net was a place I went to every day to discover new teams to redesign. 

70logos.jpg?format=2500w

70logo-dispaly2.jpg?format=2500w

70logos4.jpg?format=2500w

70days6.jpg?format=2500w

70logos1.jpg?format=2500w

70days2.jpg?format=2500w

70logos6.jpg?format=2500w

70-book1.jpg?format=2500w

hpk-closeup1.jpg?format=2500w

70logos.jpg

13 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

These are all absolutely amazing and would look great for each team! That being said, can you name each of the teams you did? I can name a few of them.

Thanks!! 

Of course I can (I think), following the last image in my post:

Spoiler

New England Revolution

Villareal CF

Val D'Or Foreurs

Boston Celtics

Denver Nuggets

Baltimore Orioles

Indianapolis Colts

Peterborough Petes

Udinese

Detroit Pistons

Carolina Hurricanes

Romanian Football Federation

Canada Basenall

Alcorn Braves

George Mason Patriots

Shimizu S-Pulse

Toronto Rock

Virtus Entella

Algoma Thunderbirds

Orlando City SC

Waterloo Warriors

Rhode Island Rams

Lahti Pelicans (almost forgot the name of this one)

Academica 

Brampton Thunder

Niagara United FC

Father Bressani Eagles

Fulham FC

Hull City Tigers

Chicago Wolves

Sarnia Sting

NY Giants

Woodbridge Strikers

LA Lakers

Cleveland Demons (almost forget this one too)

Utah Utes

FC Augsburg

Edmonton Eskimos

Albany Devils

Parma Calcio

Springfield Falcons

Swedish Football Federation

Lake Erie Monsters

Ottawa 67's

Detroit Tigers

Evansville Icemen

Brooklyn Nets

Sacramento Kings

Cleveland Browns

Kelowna Rockets

BC Lions

Young Boys

Saskatchewan Rush

Furman Paladins

Jamaican Football Federation

Phoenix Suns

Kootenay Ice

San Marco Football Federation

Lansing Lugnuts (couldn't remember the city name of this one, had to google)

Kansas Jayhawks

Chunichi Dragons

York Region Shooters

Standard Liege

HPK

Montpellier HSC

EA Guingamp

Next Heroes (had to google the city name for this one, completely forgot)

Real Sociedad

Kansas City Chiefs

Perth Heat (had to google the city name for this one too)

Wow, really nice! I really can't believe you designed a new crest for Virtus Entella! How did you find out about the club? I really like the overall feel of your logos, they almost all feel really designed by the same hand.  It's pretty difficoult to choose my favourite, so many are so cool... IMO the only one needing a revise is the jamaican soccer federation one, it is not screaming jamaica at all, maybe you could try to add a bit more black.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

This is absolutely stunning. In such a short time you created some very creative logos. Since I'm mostly interested in soccer and basketball I especially recognized these logos. I love the Nets concept and the Kings logo would be a great secondary. New England is also one of my favs here.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

5 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Wow, really nice! I really can't believe you designed a new crest for Virtus Entella! How did you find out about the club? I really like the overall feel of your logos, they almost all feel really designed by the same hand.  It's pretty difficoult to choose my favourite, so many are so cool... IMO the only one needing a revise is the jamaican soccer federation one, it is not screaming jamaica at all, maybe you could try to add a bit more black.

Thank you! I found out about Virtus Entella through a quick google search. I knew there were a lot of teams in all the different Italian soccer divisions, and I had a good feeling a lot of their crests would be really outdated. So I just started researching all the Italian teams in the lower divisions trying to find something to redesign. I came across Entella by chance at that point. Yea I agree, the Jamaican one is definitely not my strongest! Thanks for the feedback!

2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

This is absolutely stunning. In such a short time you created some very creative logos. Since I'm mostly interested in soccer and basketball I especially recognized these logos. I love the Nets concept and the Kings logo would be a great secondary. New England is also one of my favs here.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Archived