Doom Metal Band Concept

Victormrey

One of the things I like the most is the music, specially Rock and Metal. One of the subgenres that has always caught my attention is Doom Metal, its imagery and style.

That's why I decided to come up with a concept for a Doom Metal band. The name chosen is "Luscofusco" which in Galician means "Twilight" and the "Hour of the Witch". Therefore, the band would be based in Galicia.

Here's a description I've created: Luscofusco is a three man Doom Metal band from Ourense, Galicia. The band is known for their lyrics inspired by the Galician mythology, the "Meigas" (local witches) and the secrets of the forest. The band takes inspiration from original Doom bands, such as Black Sabbath, Pentagram and Candlemass, as well as modern bands, like Sunn O))).

The band logo was created by editing the font Pentgram by Alex Lang, which is inspired by bands like Pentagram and Kvelertak:

Luscofusco Logo.png

I also created a concept for an album cover, using the typical dark imagery from Doom and Black Metal:

Luscofusco Background.png

The title chosen is "Unha Morte Baixo O Luar" (A Death Under The Moonlight).

What do you think? C&C appreciated!

I'd say start here and build up:

Eximperituserqethhzebib%C5%A1iptugakkath

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I'd say start here and build up:

Eximperituserqethhzebib%C5%A1iptugakkath

For the record, that band is called Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum, and the album is called "Pierasiakajučy Swiatlieńnie J Zmrok Dziewiaci Miraŭ Spustašęnnia Čatyroch Wymiaręńniaŭ Času J Prastoru, Spiralliu Skroź Niewiadomuju Biaskoncasć Daliokaha Kosmasu Prazrystaje Sonca Wosieni Zachodzić U Zienit Astraĺnaj Prajekcyi Kručęńnia Transcęndęntaĺnych Staŭpoŭ Swojeasabliwaści Płoskaści Analizu Niepachisnaści Iściny‘ and ‘Pašyrajučy Spiektr Suzirańnia Ękstrapaliarnaha Kantynuumu Praz Sakraĺnaje Admaŭlieńnie Tliennaje Ręčaisnaści Naciažęńnie Ęnierhietyčnych Niciej Pranizliwych Prastor Wakuumu Adukawanaha Zastoju, Skroź Pryzmu Časoŭ Dęmatęryalizuje Katęharyčny Impieratyŭ Jak Iliuzornaje Stwaręńnie Bačnasci Ruchu Pa Spirali Žyccia’"

As for the original concept art here, it's not bad. I'd look at that and expect either a doom metal band or a depressive black metal band like Xasthur, Leviathan, or Deep-Pression or some :censored:. It does what you want.

Your goal should be to create a logo to be on metalsucks.net's "Unreadable Band Logo of the Week" contest! :P

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

A band like that could only come from Belarus :rolleyes: Glad to see I'm not the only person on the boards who have heard about them!

About the original idea, I wanted to keep it simple, given most of the Doom logos are perfectly readable.

However, I'm planning to make a full series from this, creating bands for lots of Metal, Punk and Rock subgenres.

I'll be able to go crazy with Black Metal and Grindcore logos :P

Archived